Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How To Manually Install Android 4.2.1 update.zip Using ADB Sideload

Please follow me over at this website for more details.

also here is the official download link from google server as well.

So if you have like WugFresh Nexus root toolbox or mskip Gnex toolkit V. 10.1 then you can use them program too get drivers and might be able too use there programs too adb sideload as well . or you can still use my guide as well. I tried too make the guide newbie as much as I could. So you have some choices how too install this update now. Good Luck and thank you all for your feedback
    Last edited by tommyjoesanders; 01-18-2013 at 06:26 AM.
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here

Default Re: How To Manually Install Android 4.2.1 update.zip Using ADB Sideload

Mac OSX????
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by prEvo View Post
    Mac OSX????
    Windows only. Maybe someone else can guide you or google it sorry
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here
    Thanked by:
    aza86 

ROM
    Hydrokernel on Optimus S

When I reboot into recovery mode, my phone tries to install the drivers and then it says "device not properly installed"!

Suspicious as the website now gives an error.....
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by whymista View Post
    Suspicious as the website now gives an error.....
    what error are you getting and what website
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Mista_J View Post
    When I reboot into recovery mode, my phone tries to install the drivers and then it says "device not properly installed"!
    sometimes it shows that. during the process are you not able too go on

Quote Originally Posted by tommyjoesanders View Post
    what error are you getting and what website

Nothing anymore. It was just the average site isn't here anymore error "insert random number" one.

Its working now.

ROM
    Hydrokernel on Optimus S

Quote Originally Posted by tommyjoesanders View Post
    sometimes it shows that. during the process are you not able too go on
    No, adb is not detecting my phone.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

No, adb is not detecting my phone.
    Mista_J check your PM, Also make sure your USB Debugging is on as well
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Hydrokernel on Optimus S

I was wondering about that! The tutorial didn't say anything about having usb debugging on so I didn't turn it on.

If I were you I would wait for the OTA.

Ctgova

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Also getting device not found, enabled usb debugging also.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer3kx View Post
    Also getting device not found, enabled usb debugging also.
    Added the download link for the drivers in the guide. If your having issues download the drivers from the link I provided.

ROM
    Hydrokernel on Optimus S

Still getting the "device not found" even with usb debugging enabled.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Still getting the "device not found" even with usb debugging enabled.
    did you install the samsung usb drivers on the guide. i would advise uninstall any samsung drivers and then click the link too the samsung support page for the phone and download the driver and install it without the phone plugged into usb port
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Also I went back over my guide and redone all the steps too make sure i didn't mess up on my directions and i had no issues.

How do you make sure that your bootloader is locked??

ROM
    Hydrokernel on Optimus S

I installed the drivers, still doesn't work. Is there anything else I need to have installed? Does this work with Windows 7?
    Last edited by Mista_J; 01-17-2013 at 04:24 PM.

Working great on my Nexus.

ROM
    Hydrokernel on Optimus S

When I reboot the phone into recovery, it tries to install the drivers but for INTF2 it says no driver found.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

When I reboot the phone into recovery, it tries to install the drivers but for INTF2 it says no driver found.
    also here is the official link for Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus from Google

Anyone tested?
    If you want to know something about flash player go to this blog flash-video-player.blogspot.com
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Quote Originally Posted by Rosaura1234 View Post
    Anyone tested?
    This is the official update.zip also here is the official link from google as well
    Thanked by:
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Updated the guide look at step 2 okay. this will give full access too every driver you need. Sorry I forgot you need the google nexus adb driver
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast