Official Galaxy Nexus 4.2.1 Jelly Bean OTA released.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Official Galaxy Nexus 4.2 Jelly Bean OTA update coming in Feb?

Official OTA update looks to be coming in the next few weeks. :)

Mav. :cool:

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

Read an article somewhere that says it may be sooner than that. I kinda thought Sprint had forgot about updating us. I'm not clearing the framework yet but I am anxious to get it on the cell after using it on the nexus 7 so much. This and LTE knocking at my front door definitely has Sprint on my good side right now lol

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Well, it appears that the push started today 1-30-13. A little behind the GSM version, but quite tolerable IMHO.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

Well, it appears that the push started today 1-30-13. A little behind the GSM version, but quite tolerable IMHO.
You got that right.
I am still running Codename Android but the update is not fantastic enough to go back to stock. I am very glad Sprint is keeping us up to date.
Verizon has discontinued their Galaxy Nexus so you know they ain't getting no more Google love. :)

BrianCioffi

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site

Got the update in Springfield, VA. Go to Settings>Apps>Google Services Framerwork. Clear Data then Force Stop. Take out battery. Wait 30 seconds. Put battery in, turn on. Go to same google services, clear data, force stop. Go to System Updates. Should read 12/31/1969. Hit update now. May take several attempts bt it will work. Good luck.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

Glad it is out and is working for everyone.
Post up you thoughts on the update.

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

Is side loading the ONLY way to manually update to GA02? I recently upgraded my PC and will have to reinstall all my Android SDK, drivers, etc. But was hoping I didn't have to wait 'til after doing that to manually upgrade

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

Is side loading the ONLY way to manually update to GA02? I recently upgraded my PC and will have to reinstall all my Android SDK, drivers, etc. But was hoping I didn't have to wait 'til after doing that to manually upgrade

Is the OTA update not working for you?

Confirmation of OTA: Sprint Galaxy Nexus Android 4.2 Update Rolling Out Now

thunderking

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

OTA isn't working for me. Just downloads, installs, and boots back into 4.1.1. Can't sideload either because then the installation keeps aborting.

I had the same issue [with OTA] ... but that was because USB debugging was on and my phone was plugged in to my computer.. once I removed that connection, I did the framework trick, got the update (again), phone rebooted, 4.2.1 installed, and now all is well.

Brettbesa

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

I had the same issue [with OTA] ... but that was because USB debugging was on and my phone was plugged in to my computer.. once I removed that connection, I did the framework trick, got the update (again), phone rebooted, 4.2.1 installed, and now all is well.
Had USB debugging on so I turned it off, tried, and still booting into 4.1.1

thunderking

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

When that happened to me initially, I took the battery out, put it back in, redownloaded, etc, and was good. Have you tried that yet, sir/ma'am?

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

I had not downloaded the OTA, just the manual file. I was able to get the OTA using the google framework services clear trick. Unfortunately I hosed the Play Store update now. Nothing will update. Guess it's time for factory reset. This is my back up phone. On the S3 for main phone.

DJeremyC

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site

I had not downloaded the OTA, just the manual file. I was able to get the OTA using the google framework services clear trick. Unfortunately I hosed the Play Store update now. Nothing will update. Guess it's time for factory reset. This is my back up phone. On the S3 for main phone.

To get the playstore to work again all you should have to do is remove your google account, then add it back. Wait til everything is done syncing and then it should work. It of course will prompt you to agree to the license etc again. Try that, easier than a restore.

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

To get the playstore to work again all you should have to do is remove your google account, then add it back. Wait til everything is done syncing and then it should work. It of course will prompt you to agree to the license etc again. Try that, easier than a restore.

Thanks I will try that. I thought I had, but will see where I went wrong.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11