1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Master of Time and Space

Cool Official Galaxy Nexus 4.2.1 Jelly Bean OTA released.

Good start to the official, un-official rumor mill:

I already have the new stuff on my Codename Android ROM I am running, but good info for everyone else.

Mav.

Sent telepathically using the ESP app.
    Last edited by VW Maverick; 01-31-2013 at 09:41 AM.
    We can dance if we want to. We can leave your friends behind. 'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance, well they're no friends of mine.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  
    Master of Time and Space

Default Re: Official Galaxy Nexus 4.2 Jelly Bean OTA update coming in Feb?

Official OTA update looks to be coming in the next few weeks.

Mav.
    We can dance if we want to. We can leave your friends behind. 'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance, well they're no friends of mine.

Read an article somewhere that says it may be sooner than that. I kinda thought Sprint had forgot about updating us. I'm not clearing the framework yet but I am anxious to get it on the cell after using it on the nexus 7 so much. This and LTE knocking at my front door definitely has Sprint on my good side right now lol

Quote Originally Posted by VW Maverick View Post
    Official OTA update looks to be coming in the next few weeks.

Mav.
    here is the official update link for sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4.2.1
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here

Well, it appears that the push started today 1-30-13. A little behind the GSM version, but quite tolerable IMHO.
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus [stock for now]
    BB 8130, iPhone 4 8g, iPhone 3g 16gb, Toshiba e800, Palm Tungsten T
    [retired]Epic 4g, BB8330, BB 9670, Samsung Intercept, Katana DLX, Sanyo 8400, HTC Wizard, MPX220, and many others...
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    Master of Time and Space

Quote Originally Posted by ratsttam View Post
    Well, it appears that the push started today 1-30-13. A little behind the GSM version, but quite tolerable IMHO.
    You got that right.
    I am still running Codename Android but the update is not fantastic enough to go back to stock. I am very glad Sprint is keeping us up to date.
    Verizon has discontinued their Galaxy Nexus so you know they ain't getting no more Google love.

Mav.

Got the update in Springfield, VA. Go to Settings>Apps>Google Services Framerwork. Clear Data then Force Stop. Take out battery. Wait 30 seconds. Put battery in, turn on. Go to same google services, clear data, force stop. Go to System Updates. Should read 12/31/1969. Hit update now. May take several attempts bt it will work. Good luck.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Master of Time and Space

Glad it is out and is working for everyone.
    Post up you thoughts on the update.

Mav.

Is side loading the ONLY way to manually update to GA02? I recently upgraded my PC and will have to reinstall all my Android SDK, drivers, etc. But was hoping I didn't have to wait 'til after doing that to manually upgrade
    Sprint Galaxy S4 - White - Android 4.2.2
    Sprint Galaxy S3 - White - Android 4.1.2 (backup)
    Google Nexus 7 2013 - Android 4.3
    Sprint GNex - Android 4.2.1 - Retired
    Asus TF700T - Android 4.2.1
    Motorola Xoom - Android 4.1.2 - Retired
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    Master of Time and Space

Quote Originally Posted by kbboykin View Post
    Is side loading the ONLY way to manually update to GA02? I recently upgraded my PC and will have to reinstall all my Android SDK, drivers, etc. But was hoping I didn't have to wait 'til after doing that to manually upgrade
    Is the OTA update not working for you?

Mav.

Confirmation of OTA:

Quote Originally Posted by VW Maverick View Post
    Is the OTA update not working for you?

Mav.

Confirmation of OTA:
    OTA isn't working for me. Just downloads, installs, and boots back into 4.1.1. Can't sideload either because then the installation keeps aborting.

Quote Originally Posted by Brettbesa View Post
    OTA isn't working for me. Just downloads, installs, and boots back into 4.1.1. Can't sideload either because then the installation keeps aborting.
    I had the same issue [with OTA] ... but that was because USB debugging was on and my phone was plugged in to my computer.. once I removed that connection, I did the framework trick, got the update (again), phone rebooted, 4.2.1 installed, and now all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderking View Post
    I had the same issue [with OTA] ... but that was because USB debugging was on and my phone was plugged in to my computer.. once I removed that connection, I did the framework trick, got the update (again), phone rebooted, 4.2.1 installed, and now all is well.
    Had USB debugging on so I turned it off, tried, and still booting into 4.1.1

When that happened to me initially, I took the battery out, put it back in, redownloaded, etc, and was good. Have you tried that yet, sir/ma'am?

I had not downloaded the OTA, just the manual file. I was able to get the OTA using the google framework services clear trick. Unfortunately I hosed the Play Store update now. Nothing will update. Guess it's time for factory reset. This is my back up phone. On the S3 for main phone.

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kbboykin View Post
    I had not downloaded the OTA, just the manual file. I was able to get the OTA using the google framework services clear trick. Unfortunately I hosed the Play Store update now. Nothing will update. Guess it's time for factory reset. This is my back up phone. On the S3 for main phone.
    To get the playstore to work again all you should have to do is remove your google account, then add it back. Wait til everything is done syncing and then it should work. It of course will prompt you to agree to the license etc again. Try that, easier than a restore.

Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    To get the playstore to work again all you should have to do is remove your google account, then add it back. Wait til everything is done syncing and then it should work. It of course will prompt you to agree to the license etc again. Try that, easier than a restore.
    Thanks I will try that. I thought I had, but will see where I went wrong.