Please HELP - 4G doesn't work, and it's NOT due to coverage and locked towers...

androidATX

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
My mom was tired of envying my phone and wanted the same kind customized the same way I have it: toroplus w/ android 4.2.1 running cm10.1 (nightly build 1/12/13). So I hooked her up and maintain it pretty regularly... Here's the problem: when I go to her house to visit, I have decent 4G reception and she doesn't get it at all. SAME PHONES, SAME BUILDS... But it actually doesn't matter whether we're at her house or not, cause even when we've been in the same big cities at the same time (Houston, Dallas, Austin), her phone never gets 4G and mine does. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure her phone just has never received 4G - not that I've seen at least...

I've checked through every menu setting on cm10.1, tried changing up the network settings (from CDMA/LTE) to some of the other choices listed, then rebooting, then switching back to the correct CDMA/LTE setting and rebooting again; as well as reset all of the Mobile Network Settings options to what mine are at - ex: system select is set on "automatic" instead of "home", etc. I've also researched online but can't seem to find any solutions, just a bunch of banter about how late in the game sprint's decided to roll out their sketchy at best 4G coverage (LTE, not WIMAX)... There's also things I've tried that I haven't mentioned, DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY REASONABLE SOLUTION OR THINK THEY CAN HELP?

As always, thanks for taking the time to give 2 sh*ts.

Last edited:

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried a factory reset? And wiping both dalvik and caches? If not try that and if all else fails return it back to stock and take it in and have it looked at or call and request a replacement phone. But first try returning back to stock and seeing if 4g works then if not it'd have to be a hardware issue. If it does then something went wrong with the install and I'd try re flashing again. Hope this helps thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I didn't read that you updated the prl or ran network update.

Confirm.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22