Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Random Bluetooth Hang-Ups

Hi - I'm running a non-rooted stock 4.1.1 phone and recently (last week or two) when I'm using my bluetooth (Plantronics Discovery 975) the phone will randomly hang-up. Sometimes the phone beeps, sometimes it says "call lost", and sometimes it does/says nothing. I've had the same bluetooth since last April/May when I got the phone, and this is first time I've had any issues like this. My wifi is on and connected with full-signal (office desk is 5-feet from the router) and I have all my coverage bars...I've tried diconnecting/forgetting the headset and re-pairing the two but that didn't help. I know it's my phone because several times it did it while talking to people using land lines. Anyone had similar issues and know a fix? Thanks.

Just to add - the phone doesn't do this when not using bluetooth.

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unlocked not rooted

Default Re: Random Bluetooth Hang-Ups

I haven't been getting hangups, but my BT just disconnects and leaves the phone still connected and on speaker. I have to manually switch the call to speaker then back to BT to reconnect it. My device stays paired.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by fatal99 View Post
    I haven't been getting hangups, but my BT just disconnects and leaves the phone still connected and on speaker. I have to manually switch the call to speaker then back to BT to reconnect it. My device stays paired.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    I had that same issue (sort of). Mine would unpair after I finished a call, but was not on a call. It would say paired in connections, but the bluetooth logo would not be blue. After unpairing completely and rebooting that issue went away for a while. It came back and I did the same thing which again has temporarily "fixed" the problem.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

So I've been using the wired ear buds w/mic that came with the phone and have had two random self hang-ups today...I guess I'm going to have to return my phone to best buy to be sent out for repair/evaluation...pain in the ***.