Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thumbs up Re: Sprint 4.2.1

Just did mine after resetting the framework services three times. No issues with sprint data in Seattle area.
    On another note its great having the same os across all three of my nexus devices

Default Re: Sprint 4.2.1

No issues at all with OTA update.

So I cleared the services framework several times and when I finally got the update, I downloaded it and it started installing and then booted up back into 4.1.1. I can't get it to see the update now no matter how many times I clear the services framework. What happened?

ROM
    Stock (not rooted)

Quote Originally Posted by Brettbesa View Post
    So I cleared the services framework several times and when I finally got the update, I downloaded it and it started installing and then booted up back into 4.1.1. I can't get it to see the update now no matter how many times I clear the services framework. What happened?
    Not sure what might have happened, but this might help. I tried forcing the update 15-20x this evening using the Clear Data/Force Stop on Google Svcs Framework. I then decided to turn off wi-fi, cleared the data and forced stop once more... presto! Got the download! So try turning off wi-fi, if it's on. One the download starts, If you're in an area like mine w/ no LTE, and the download is crawling along on just 3G, just jump back into settings during the download and turn wi-fi back on... it should resume the download at a faster pace.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I got the update this afternoon. I'm going to let it settle in before I make any comments.

I do want to say this though, I actually commend Sprint for getting the update out this fast, given the CDMA issues.

While the updates usually come a couple of months after Google drops them, they do come. And Sprint didn't add bloatware like another CDMA carrier we know.

I hope they get future Nexus devices.
    msndrstood likes this.

Anyone notice a nfc issue, tried to beam a website from both my nexus 7/10 to my phone and it ends up opening Google now. Didn't do this before

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Nexus View Post
    I tried forcing the update 15-20x this evening using the Clear Data/Force Stop on Google Svcs Framework. I then decided to turn off wi-fi, cleared the data and forced stop once more... presto! Got the download!
    Worked the same for me. Soon as I turned off wifi, cleared the framework, did a battery pull and it downloaded. Turned on wifi and its installing now. thanks!

No dice. Really puzzled about this...
    Edit: So I factory reset the device and as soon as I cleared the framework, I got the update again. Now let's see if it boots up into 4.2.1...
    Edit 2: Nope, same thing as before. Went through the installer, got the got the bugdroid with the plate open and the exclamation mark, rebooted... into 4.1.1.
    flashaholic

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

no amount of clearing seems to get it for me

Edit, I posted that and it happens

I was trying the Google Services Framework force stop clear data deal and now when I go to Apps --> All the Google Services Framework is no longer there. What did I do and how do I get it back? Hah. Also, I remember there was a 3rd option in About Phone --> Spring System Updates and that was what you were supposed to click, right? That option for me is also gone, just the Update Profile and Update PRL still exist. Not rooted, still running 4.1.1.

Edit: Nevermind. I found it, I accidentally had it disabled so it went to the bottom of the list. Found it. Enabled and all is in working order now, but still no update.

the only glitch I have found is that I now can not update apps in the play store. I tried clearing out the play store data, and still nothing. I just get a download error. LTE is working 3G is fine. Tried it on WiFi still no dice....
    flashaholic

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

well mine downloaded went to install and failed a check of looks to be the radio. anyone know of a fix? ive already flashed to stock using the tool kit and still no dice.

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    well mine downloaded went to install and failed a check of looks to be the radio. anyone know of a fix? ive already flashed to stock using the tool kit and still no dice.
    Same issue, I finally got it to work by following these steps: [ODIN][TAR]SPH-L700 GAXX Stock Rom then sideloading.

I kept getting a (status 7) error on Google Earth.system.apk and the OTA failed. I reloaded Google Earth and converted it back to a system application through Titanium Back-Up and it still wouldn't take. I got sick of forcing the OTA so, I just flashed back to an old image that had Google Earth already on it and flashed from a .zip through CWM recovery. After that it was game, set and match! Enjoying the 4.2.1 goodnes right now.

Does my phone have to be unrooted to get the Jellybean update?
    Nicole the Newbie
    w/ her
    Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Gamble View Post
    Does my phone have to be unrooted to get the Jellybean update?
    Yes. It has to be stock for the OTA. Someone will be along with more details shortly, I'm sure.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
    via Gnex
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

Huuhhnn??
    I thought by being rooted I'd be able to get updates sooner than if I was unrooted...?
    What if I'm rooted but haven't changed my theme or ROM but am still using stock?
    Nicole the Newbie
    w/ her
    Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Gamble View Post
    Huuhhnn??
    I thought by being rooted I'd be able to get updates sooner than if I was unrooted...?
    What if I'm rooted but haven't changed my theme or ROM but am still using stock?
    Here's a link that clears up the confusion. Will i be able to update to jelly bean if my device is rooted?

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
    via Gnex
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

Cleared the framework data and got both my wife and my nexuseseses to update. Also had to remove Google account after and re-enter it in the play store to get it to work again. So far it seems a little faster, but battery life is much better. The phone actually sleeps now, if I check the battery info it is not awake constantly anymore, only about once every 30 minutes as opposed to every 5 before. Photosphere is fun and works pretty good. Happy to see Sprint keeping up relatively fast with the updates.

Has anybody experienced any frequent random reboot issues that I've heard about with this update?

Sent from my phone that's better than yours.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Yes, I was experiencing two to three reboots a day, I have since downgraded back to 4.1.1 and no more reboots for me!

How's everone's battery life? Mine took a bit of a hit, which wasn't great in the first place... sucks...

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Battery life seemed OK, but I experienced horrible signal issues, which along with the resets is a deal breaker for me because I work in a rural area and rely heavily on my phone. I however was very impressed with the camera, I swear photos were better quality, and photo sphere is simply awesome.

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I cleared the Google Services Framework two times, rebooting after each attempt and succeeded on the third try. So far, I'm loving all the little changes. My GNex seems just as responsive as before, maybe even a little more so. I'll have to see how my battery life is affected, if at all.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

My battery life has definitely improved. Best it's ever been. I'm still in love with this phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    msndrstood likes this.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast