Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Default Re: Sprint 4.2.1

17th time I got it. Downloading now and will reply after it updates. Can't wait!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    The last time I did the Google framework thing, I lost access to the Play Store until the update finally hit my phone about a week later, which fixed it. So I guess I'll wait it out. For anyone who did get the OTA please let us know about any issues you notice. It will be appreciated.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
    via Gnex

ROM
    stock

This happened to me too. How do I fix this?

ROM
    stock

Do I have too wait for the ota update? And will I get it seeing I forced the update?

I got the Update on The 31st,I got My Gnex in Late November,I forced OTA it took 10 times then i had it!

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_2 View Post
    Do I have too wait for the ota update? And will I get it seeing I forced the update?
    I know some people flash gapps, but I just waited for the OTA which came in a few days after the force stop/clear data fiasco. I read that over at XDA they do not recommend the Google framework procedure, but a lot of people do it without any issues. So take it with a grain of salt. It won't be long to wait, hopefully.

via Gnex
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Here's the thread I started for my NS4G when I dealt with this issue before.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...ework services

via Gnex
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

I lost market access too and unfortunately the OTA didn't restore it. I had to reset my phone to get everything back to normal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by jparker71 View Post
    I lost market access too and unfortunately the OTA didn't restore it. I had to reset my phone to get everything back to normal.

Wow, that really sucks. At least the OTA fixed my issue. More people should be aware of this, IMO.

via Gnex
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

Just when you thought everything was good...

AOSP updated to revision 1.2, build JOP40G

So.. judging from Jerry's comments in there this version of 4.2.1 may indeed have some power issues.. Lets see how long it takes Sprint to address this update that was just pushed out to the AOSP build/manifest.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

It's simple to fix the problem, and it worked for me and others. Just log out of your Google account under the settings menu of your phone, then log back in. Then the error will go away. I hope this helps anyone having trouble after clearing the framework, which helped me to update by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    Wow, that really sucks. At least the OTA fixed my issue. More people should be aware of this, IMO.

via Gnex
    mvpilot172 likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by coereuel View Post
    It's simple to fix the problem, and it worked for me and others. Just log out of your Google account under the settings menu of your phone, then log back in. Then the error will go away. I hope this helps anyone having trouble after clearing the framework, which helped me to update by the way.
    That did not work for me on the NS4G. I don't know about the Gnex because I'm not about to do the same thing twice. I can wait, it also gives me time to see if any recurrent issues crop up among those that did get the OTA, thus preventing my near perfect phone from developing some annoying bug that they haven't worked out yet. Just my take on this. Most people are way more adventurous than I am.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

ROM
    6.7.246 / stock

Anybody else have any issues with app updates since they have updated to 4.2.1? It now says error downloading when I try to apply app updates.

Sent from my LTE Xoom EOS 4 JB 4.2.1 using Tapatalk HD

I factory reset my phone. You may want to try the logout/login option first. Seems to be a less drastic option.

ctgova

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ctgova View Post
    I factory reset my phone. You may want to try the logout/login option first. Seems to be a less drastic option.

ctgova
    Logout/login didn't work for me. I tried a few other suggestions too before biting the bullet.

ROM
    6.7.246 / stock

The log out / log in worked, thx

Sent from my LTE Xoom EOS 4 JB 4.2.1 using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post

So.. judging from Jerry's comments in there this version of 4.2.1 may indeed have some power issues.. Lets see how long it takes Sprint to address this update that was just pushed out to the AOSP build/manifest.
    Nice to see you again Paul.

So should we start placing bets on how long this minor update will take?

I feel sorry for those Verizon folk...

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post

I'm running JOP40G now.

ROM
    Hydrokernel on Optimus S

How did you install JOP40G, and how is it?

Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    I'm running JOP40G now.
    I'm going to say your running a custom ROM built off the JOP40G code?
    Paul

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Taco View Post
    Nice to see you again Paul.
    You too... Yeah I'm still around, my moderating duties have me pretty busy so I don't get to participate as much as I did in the past.

I'm still LURKING in the shadows
    Paul

Thanked by:
    Downtown Taco likes this.

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

So I have tried the Google Framework trick and rebooting etc etc and too no avail I am still showing up to date on both my wife and my phone. Hers is completely factory stock.

On mine I have unlooked the bootloader and then installed the Lean Kernal 4.8 to work with the Palm Touchstone. Will any of that have to be changed back before updating using the OTA...I know I couldnt get the sideload to work? and whats the easiest way to do that as I was acting as a noob and did not back up my stock settings at all before doing any of these mods?

Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    So I have tried the Google Framework trick and rebooting etc etc and too no avail I am still showing up to date on both my wife and my phone. Hers is completely factory stock.

On mine I have unlooked the bootloader and then installed the Lean Kernal 4.8 to work with the Palm Touchstone. Will any of that have to be changed back before updating using the OTA...I know I couldnt get the sideload to work? and whats the easiest way to do that as I was acting as a noob and did not back up my stock settings at all before doing any of these mods?
    Best option to make a current backup and return to stock would be using the Wugs Toolkit. Probably has the highest success rate of all methods IMO.

Ignore the fact the link below is to the Verizon Galaxy Nexus forums, the toolkit supports all verisons of Nexus.

[Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 (Updated 12/29/12)

Once you complete that route you can always use the option to flash the OTA update manually to get updated.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    Sprint data service appears to be down in my area. anyone else seeing an outage?
    I still haven't received the update, despite repeated attempts at forcing it.

I live in Northeast Virginia (near DC) and am getting annoyed that there have been two updates (4.2 & 4.2.1), neither of which I have received.

Quote Originally Posted by stimulatedboredom View Post
    I still haven't received the update, despite repeated attempts at forcing it.

I live in Northeast Virginia (near DC) and am getting annoyed that there have been two updates (4.2 & 4.2.1), neither of which I have received.

Welcome to the party.

Sent from my phone that's better than yours.
    msndrstood likes this.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast