Sprint 4.2.1

Nicole Gamble

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Huuhhnn?? :confused:
I thought by being rooted I'd be able to get updates sooner than if I was unrooted...?
What if I'm rooted but haven't changed my theme or ROM but am still using stock?

mvpilot172

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Cleared the framework data and got both my wife and my nexuseseses to update. Also had to remove Google account after and re-enter it in the play store to get it to work again. So far it seems a little faster, but battery life is much better. The phone actually sleeps now, if I check the battery info it is not awake constantly anymore, only about once every 30 minutes as opposed to every 5 before. Photosphere is fun and works pretty good. Happy to see Sprint keeping up relatively fast with the updates.

acr456

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody experienced any frequent random reboot issues that I've heard about with this update?

Sent from my phone that's better than yours.

kbot1226

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Battery life seemed OK, but I experienced horrible signal issues, which along with the resets is a deal breaker for me because I work in a rural area and rely heavily on my phone. I however was very impressed with the camera, I swear photos were better quality, and photo sphere is simply awesome.

Derek_B

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I cleared the Google Services Framework two times, rebooting after each attempt and succeeded on the third try. So far, I'm loving all the little changes. My GNex seems just as responsive as before, maybe even a little more so. I'll have to see how my battery life is affected, if at all.

jparker71

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has definitely improved. Best it's ever been. I'm still in love with this phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

cole21771

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
17th time I got it. Downloading now and will reply after it updates. Can't wait!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

tommy_2

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
The last time I did the Google framework thing, I lost access to the Play Store until the update finally hit my phone about a week later, which fixed it. So I guess I'll wait it out. For anyone who did get the OTA please let us know about any issues you notice. It will be appreciated. :)

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
via Gnex

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Do I have too wait for the ota update? And will I get it seeing I forced the update?

I know some people flash gapps, but I just waited for the OTA which came in a few days after the force stop/clear data fiasco. I read that over at XDA they do not recommend the Google framework procedure, but a lot of people do it without any issues. So take it with a grain of salt. It won't be long to wait, hopefully.

via Gnex

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Here's the thread I started for my NS4G when I dealt with this issue before.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...sue after resetting Google framework services

via Gnex

jparker71

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I lost market access too and unfortunately the OTA didn't restore it. I had to reset my phone to get everything back to normal.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I lost market access too and unfortunately the OTA didn't restore it. I had to reset my phone to get everything back to normal.

Wow, that really sucks. At least the OTA fixed my issue. More people should be aware of this, IMO.

via Gnex

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Just when you thought everything was good...

AOSP updated to revision 1.2, build JOP40G

So.. judging from Jerry's comments in there this version of 4.2.1 may indeed have some power issues.. Lets see how long it takes Sprint to address this update that was just pushed out to the AOSP build/manifest.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney