Sprint 4.2.1

coereuel

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
It's simple to fix the problem, and it worked for me and others. Just log out of your Google account under the settings menu of your phone, then log back in. Then the error will go away. I hope this helps anyone having trouble after clearing the framework, which helped me to update by the way.
Wow, that really sucks. At least the OTA fixed my issue. More people should be aware of this, IMO.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
via Gnex

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
It's simple to fix the problem, and it worked for me and others. Just log out of your Google account under the settings menu of your phone, then log back in. Then the error will go away. I hope this helps anyone having trouble after clearing the framework, which helped me to update by the way.

That did not work for me on the NS4G. I don't know about the Gnex because I'm not about to do the same thing twice. I can wait, it also gives me time to see if any recurrent issues crop up among those that did get the OTA, thus preventing my near perfect phone from developing some annoying bug that they haven't worked out yet. Just my take on this. Most people are way more adventurous than I am.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

leever6000

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else have any issues with app updates since they have updated to 4.2.1? It now says error downloading when I try to apply app updates.

Sent from my LTE Xoom EOS 4 JB 4.2.1 using Tapatalk HD

ctgova

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I factory reset my phone. You may want to try the logout/login option first. Seems to be a less drastic option.

ctgova

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

jparker71

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I factory reset my phone. You may want to try the logout/login option first. Seems to be a less drastic option.

ctgova

Logout/login didn't work for me. I tried a few other suggestions too before biting the bullet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Just when you thought everything was good...

AOSP updated to revision 1.2, build JOP40G

So.. judging from Jerry's comments in there this version of 4.2.1 may indeed have some power issues.. Lets see how long it takes Sprint to address this update that was just pushed out to the AOSP build/manifest.

Nice to see you again Paul.

So should we start placing bets on how long this minor update will take? :p

I feel sorry for those Verizon folk...

DJeremyC

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
So I have tried the Google Framework trick and rebooting etc etc and too no avail I am still showing up to date on both my wife and my phone. Hers is completely factory stock.

On mine I have unlooked the bootloader and then installed the Lean Kernal 4.8 to work with the Palm Touchstone. Will any of that have to be changed back before updating using the OTA...I know I couldnt get the sideload to work? and whats the easiest way to do that as I was acting as a noob and did not back up my stock settings at all before doing any of these mods?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
So I have tried the Google Framework trick and rebooting etc etc and too no avail I am still showing up to date on both my wife and my phone. Hers is completely factory stock.

On mine I have unlooked the bootloader and then installed the Lean Kernal 4.8 to work with the Palm Touchstone. Will any of that have to be changed back before updating using the OTA...I know I couldnt get the sideload to work? and whats the easiest way to do that as I was acting as a noob and did not back up my stock settings at all before doing any of these mods?
Best option to make a current backup and return to stock would be using the Wugs Toolkit. Probably has the highest success rate of all methods IMO.

Ignore the fact the link below is to the Verizon Galaxy Nexus forums, the toolkit supports all verisons of Nexus.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...s-root-toolkit-v1-6-2-updated-12-29-12-a.html

Once you complete that route you can always use the option to flash the OTA update manually to get updated.

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Sprint data service appears to be down in my area. anyone else seeing an outage?

I still haven't received the update, despite repeated attempts at forcing it.

I live in Northeast Virginia (near DC) and am getting annoyed that there have been two updates (4.2 & 4.2.1), neither of which I have received.

acr456

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I still haven't received the update, despite repeated attempts at forcing it.

I live in Northeast Virginia (near DC) and am getting annoyed that there have been two updates (4.2 & 4.2.1), neither of which I have received.

Welcome to the party.

Sent from my phone that's better than yours.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

Hmm - I don't recall a 4.2 update being pushed out OTA. After 4.1.1, we got 4.2.1
Did you mean to say that you didn't get 4.1.1 either? If so, a trip to the Sprint store (or a call to customer service) is definitely in order. They can certainly get you up to 4.1.1 right away. For 4.2.1, they will probably ask you to wait 2-3 weeks because "it is being pushed out in waves"

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm experiencing many random reboots & system lag after 4.2.1. Was doing it right after I updated and did a factory reset just to make sure and that hasn't helped the problem. My processor is now getting hotter then ever (130? at one point).

Also...any known root methods for the new update? I haven't been able to locate one.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm experiencing many random reboots & system lag after 4.2.1. Was doing it right after I updated and did a factory reset just to make sure and that hasn't helped the problem. My processor is now getting hotter then ever (130? at one point).

Also...any known root methods for the new update? I haven't been able to locate one.

Rooting/unlocking methods never change with the Nexus. Use the same procedure as all previous versions of Android.

Unlock bootloader, flash custom recovery, flash superuser within recovery before booting up.

Enjoy

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I live in DC and my phone was pushed Jellybean literally two nights after I got the phone in September (I had just figured out how to use the phone and had to start over). 4.2.1 was just pushed this AM. I signed up for Sprint in DC. If you got your phone in say, Boise, and moved, you might be on a different schedule.

I'm not sure I want to upgrade based on all the issues and since I'm not rooted, it's not like I'll be able to "undo" it.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I live in DC and my phone was pushed Jellybean literally two nights after I got the phone in September (I had just figured out how to use the phone and had to start over). 4.2.1 was just pushed this AM. I signed up for Sprint in DC. If you got your phone in say, Boise, and moved, you might be on a different schedule.

You might have a point. I recently moved here from Orlando about 2 months ago, yet had not updated my billing address with Sprint. Yesterday I received my new bill in the mail and saw that they were still forwarding it, so I went online and updated my address... lo and behold, I had the new update ready to install this morning.

Not sure if the two are connected, but coincidental enough for me to think they might be! Either way, I have the new update... finally.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc