Sprint 4.2.1

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
As soon as I can, I will be buying out my contract with Sprint. They're refusing to let me out of my contract because they believe they're giving Mr what I'm paying for. I'm sorry, but I roam literally next to a Sprint tower. I could go in and on about how much respect I've lost for them. I mean their retention department hung up on me because they couldn't come up with an answer for my problem. Get yourself an N4 and a T-Mobile unlimited 4G prepaid card. They have amazing speeds and have free built in WiFi calling on their plans.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Vivi#AC

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know why my battery use screen doesn't show what's using the battery? Only has the graph with how long it's been off the charger, nothing under it (examples: screen, cell standby).

It's been blank since the 4.2.1 update.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
JB sourcery 4.5 is awesome flash it you won't regret it I've been running it for over a month now finally found a ROM that fits as far as customization and everything really sourcery ROM rocks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
JB sourcery 4.5 is awesome flash it you won't regret it I've been running it for over a month now finally found a ROM that fits as far as customization and everything really sourcery ROM rocks

That seems to be the general consensus for that ROM. I'm gonna give it a try when I get home because I can't take this anymore. I will note though, ever since I've turned off my location settings I've had zero random reboots.

regression

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
That seems to be the general consensus for that ROM. I'm gonna give it a try when I get home because I can't take this anymore. I will note though, ever since I've turned off my location settings I've had zero random reboots.

Hope you have better luck than I did. I put that ROM (Sourcery 4.5) on last night. I am still seeing the huge battery drain and my phone is getting very warm. Wonder if I have a hardware problem? Jumping ship to the Nexus 4 is looking more and more appealing.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Did you wipe both caches after flashing I've gotten 23 hours on battery before with an average of 19 is your location services on or gps or anything of the sort? My phone also only gets hot on this ROM under really heavy use I'd try wiping both dalvik and regular caches then factory reset then wipe caches again and then flash new that should fix your issues.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Also the nexus 4 has its own set of issues yes hardwares a lil better but issues nonetheless

mij9895

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my second Galaxy Nexus, and it gets hot after 20 minutes or less of light usage. I'm working on getting them to get me a better phone as I switched from the LG Viper before the Nexus. Had 2 Viper's and 2 Nexus'. I'm not going to let them give me another one. I want a better phone, but I'm not leaving Sprint. You people crazy enough to leave Sprint should know that Sprint has the best voice quality out of the Big 4. Even I know that as I've had all 4 carriers, and issues galore with at&t (even more than when I had them, I have 2 friends on at&t still), Verizon used to drop calls on me all the time, and T-Mobile just doesn't offer the coverage I need for rural areas I travel to.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my second Galaxy Nexus, and it gets hot after 20 minutes or less of light usage. I'm working on getting them to get me a better phone as I switched from the LG Viper before the Nexus. Had 2 Viper's and 2 Nexus'. I'm not going to let them give me another one. I want a better phone, but I'm not leaving Sprint. You people crazy enough to leave Sprint should know that Sprint has the best voice quality out of the Big 4. Even I know that as I've had all 4 carriers, and issues galore with at&t (even more than when I had them, I have 2 friends on at&t still), Verizon used to drop calls on me all the time, and T-Mobile just doesn't offer the coverage I need for rural areas I travel to.

I had that problem until I got a Hyperion extended battery from Amazon. Now it only gets hot while actively charging.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have had my Galaxy Nexus for a month roughly and after having a rough first week my phone has been pretty great of late. I am on 4.2.2 and the most important thing is that it does not restart anymore at any point when using dialer doing anything involving answering or making a phone call. Like another posted said I really think the first NExus I had had a faulty radio and it sounded he knew what he was talking about in saying this is what causes the restart problems. This nexus I have has a very fairly recent Radio and this is probably why it has worked so great (The first one I got as documented in another thread had a really old RADIO)

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I have had my Galaxy Nexus for a month roughly and after having a rough first week my phone has been pretty great of late. I am on 4.2.2 and the most important thing is that it does not restart anymore at any point when using dialer doing anything involving answering or making a phone call. Like another posted said I really think the first NExus I had had a faulty radio and it sounded he knew what he was talking about in saying this is what causes the restart problems. This nexus I have has a very fairly recent Radio and this is probably why it has worked so great (The first one I got as documented in another thread had a really old RADIO)
Did it start on 4.2.2?

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I had that problem until I got a Hyperion extended battery from Amazon. Now it only gets hot while actively charging.

My phone burns when I'm playing Ingress, regardless of battery. Regardless of ROM. I'm sensing hardware stuff issues, or maybe the processor is truly over working itself. I'm afraid I'll hardware damage due to the constant high temps (but I'm L8!)

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

If you're thinking Sprint will move you to a better phone, you might as well forget it. The only phone on Sprint right now that actually compares to the G'Nex (in terms of hardware) is the GS3. I'm on my 5th Nexus and the only phones I had the option to switch to....LG Viper, Samsung Victory or HTC Desire.... all of which are terrible phones. I ended up just going back to root, now I'm on CarbonROM which is based off of AOSP 4.2.2 and loving it. I'd suggest you go the same route, perhaps not the ROM I'm on, but definitely go the way of root.

mij9895

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
If you're thinking Sprint will move you to a better phone, you might as well forget it. The only phone on Sprint right now that actually compares to the G'Nex (in terms of hardware) is the GS3. I'm on my 5th Nexus and the only phones I had the option to switch to....LG Viper, Samsung Victory or HTC Desire.... all of which are terrible phones. I ended up just going back to root, now I'm on CarbonROM which is based off of AOSP 4.2.2 and loving it. I'd suggest you go the same route, perhaps not the ROM I'm on, but definitely go the way of root.

Sprint won't even offer me the Victory. But they are offering the lg optimus elite (3g only), and the EVO Design 4G (wimax). I'm not happy. If I could, I'd move to a different carrier, but certain situations prevent me from doing that.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Sprint won't even offer me the Victory. But they are offering the lg optimus elite (3g only), and the EVO Design 4G (wimax). I'm not happy. If I could, I'd move to a different carrier, but certain situations prevent me from doing that.

Sounds about right. I'm telling you man, just root and ROM the thing....you'll be much happier, plus you'll never have to wait on an update again.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I meant to say 4.2.1 , I am on stock 4.2.1
Darn. I was hoping Sprint was rolling out 4.2.2 so I could finally accept 4.2.1. I think I will have to. My phone locked up on me for the fourth time and did some weird reboot to safe mode. When I started it again, all my app settings had been cleared and I had to set everything - apps and widgets, up again. This strange behavior didn't start until 4.2.1 arrived OTA for me to install. Whenever it pops up repeatedly and I say install later, that's when the problems happen. When it just pops up once and goes away for hours or days, it's all good.

mij9895

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Sounds about right. I'm telling you man, just root and ROM the thing....you'll be much happier, plus you'll never have to wait on an update again.

I shouldn't have to root my phone to try and solve a problem, especially one that got worse the last time I rooted it. I'm going to press forward with Sprint in hours of a solution, and will keep you all apprised.