Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LTE...

This phone is LTE enabled. But I can't find where to toggle it on... I wanted to test if I had some 4G around me. And I can't seem to find it anywhere! My e4gt had a toggle switch on it. Any help would be cool!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Default Re: LTE...

Go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > More > and then select Mobile Networks. There you'll select Network mode and have a choice of LTE / CDMA or just CDMA.

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If you want to see where the LTE is in your area look at the Sprint 4G LTE coverage maps at Sensorly.com.

Ever since Sprint got 4g live (I live in DC.) my phone data has basically stopped working, it's constantly trying to find a 4g connection, drops the data connection altogether when switching between the two or to wifi, and if LTE isn't selected, I get no data at all. My battery life is horrible now because it's constantly trying to pull data but can't connect. I spent 20 mins in the Atlanta airport trying to pull up email on the stock browser and even though it had 3 blue bars and arrows going up and down, nothing was happening. Is this happening to other people?

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Good Lord. That's crazy! I am sorry to hear that!

I have some issue with my 4g lte.i cant connect to it even where i normally would have signal.i am stuck with 3g.

I'm wondering if something happened, my 3G and 4G connections went to hell a few days ago as well. Area where I used to have pretty good 3G/4G now I can't get 4G at all, and 3G data is almost non-existent for most things. I used to get pretty good 4G, and 3G worked well enough. Started about a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Bront View Post
    Started about a week ago.
    I don't know if you are in DC but Sprint had a data outage "in this area" (that could mean my street or the whole eastern seaboard with Sprint). on Jan. 24, and I feel things have gone downhill since then.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Download codename android and click lte only and reboot. That is what I did.
    @gnr_2, same here

Quote Originally Posted by gnr_2 View Post
    I don't know if you are in DC but Sprint had a data outage "in this area" (that could mean my street or the whole eastern seaboard with Sprint). on Jan. 24, and I feel things have gone downhill since then.

Nope, Chi-town.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Yeah I'm in Chicago also and we did have a outage yesterday but everything's fine now look at my speeds

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

My pics acting funny but I'm getting 30mb down on the westside

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LTE...-uploadfromtaptalk1360547174231.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    Yeah I'm in Chicago also and we did have a outage yesterday but everything's fine now look at my speeds

Things seem back to "normal" now in DC too. I think it was just bad timing that whatever it was coincided with the 4G roll out.

My pics acting funny but I'm getting 30mb down on the westside

Nice try Verizon Galaxy Nexus user, Sprint doesn't get those types of data speeds. I've been on 4G spots here and there in Maryland and I literally get up to maybe 4Mbps...

Quote Originally Posted by bugz_92 View Post
    Nice try Verizon Galaxy Nexus user, Sprint doesn't get those types of data speeds. I've been on 4G spots here and there in Maryland and I literally get up to maybe 4Mbps...
    I totally disagree.. I have gotten upwards of 20 Mbps

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LTE...-uploadfromtaptalk1360787883240.jpg  

It must be nice... The only time I have ever seen speeds that close was when I was on WiMAX. That sweet 10Mbps... Lets not even talk about 3G, I don't want to bring Sprint to shame... anymore than I have.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

I've got up to 25 but average 15-18.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Hahaaha boyyyyy stop

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Best I've gotten in Charlotte is 26 down and 9 up. I average 15-20 down and 7-8 up. The city isn't officially launched so I've only tried speed tests a few places around town and results seem consistent.

Actually, based on some other threads, if they were on Verizon, it would say LTE on the bars, not 4g, so they are a Sprint customer after all.

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by gnr_2 View Post
    Actually, based on some other threads, if they were on Verizon, it would say LTE on the bars, not 4g, so they are a Sprint customer after all.

Lol not on the Gnex but I'm still on sprint regardless.

I am in L.A and I noticed the more well off cities have better LTE. Cities like Compton have 0 LTE. I did not have LTE at all at home and it was really frustrating. But of late I seem to be getting 4G in my driveway, and when I come inside I have it (like 2 bars) ....then full bars, then 3 bars...and then when I leave the phone unattended and dont use it it seems it just goes back to 3G also... some areas I was getting LTE before (Gardena) I am no longer getting it.

This started happening a couple days ago. Could it be that they are putting up more towers and maybe thats why I get spotty 4G at home now? And what can be the cause I dont get 4G in areas I did before? Is there something I Can toggle? or is there something that interferes with it?

When I noticed I was not getting 4G in an area I was previously I TURNED OFF LTE/CDMA and then turned it back on viola I had 4G. Is this normal? Its kinda weird.. it is almost like something is keeping my phone from connecting to the LTE like I have to make it connect myself with some trickery....

is this common? What do you guys suggest?

*** On 4.2.1
    Last edited by BenjaSands; 02-27-2013 at 11:58 PM.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by Bront View Post
    Nope, Chi-town.
    We had a couple outages weeks ago but things seem fine now

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

We had a couple outages weeks ago but things seem fine now

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
    How'd you get 4.2.2? Are you rooted?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast