Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Default Re: Anyone else hate 4.2.1

I like it but been getting random restarts, which I never did before. Frustrating if had apps opened you needed only to find it restarted.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    ROM
    COLD AS ICE-CM9

I feel like the update has made waking and locking the phone pretty slow. Even with the lockscreen off it was still pretty slow compared to 4.1.1 =/ And this is before and after a full reset.
    Justin Cardwell likes this.

The only problem I've had is that Google Maps likes to lock on the GPS, which sucks my battery. I sideloaded it with no issues.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

It is a glitch in the app package i believe.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

No problems here. Had the OTA since last Thursday. No random reboots, no overheating. Still smooth and snappy. Battery life improved. All good here. But then again, I never had any of the radio, speaker, etc issues that others have had. Lucky? ::shrugs:: Don't know, but I'm happy with it.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
    via Gnex
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    No problems here. Had the OTA since last Thursday. No random reboots, no overheating. Still smooth and snappy. Battery life improved. All good here. But then again, I never had any of the radio, speaker, etc issues that others have had. Lucky? ::shrugs:: Don't know, but I'm happy with it.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
    via Gnex
    +1

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts

Got the update last week, two issues,

first, intermittent Wifi cutting out and has to be restarted. (So far not while I was online with the phone.)

Second the memory management is much worse than with 4.1.1. I am not a heavy user and do not twitter or facebook or play games. prior ro 4.2.1. after a reboot I started out with over 300mb of memory free. then after a day or so it would drop to between 260MB-280 MB free.

With 4.2.1 it still starts out with over 300 Mb free but quickly drops to 150-190 MB free. I would not be surprised to find out that those who are having the random reboots are heavy users and the cause is they are running out of available memory.

* almost forgot, my Gnex now has the same annoying bug for auto brightness dimming and brightening sporadically that my Nexus 7 does. (Also running 4.2.1)

Quote Originally Posted by Danf View Post
    Got the update last week, two issues,

first, intermittent Wifi cutting out and has to be restarted. (So far not while I was online with the phone.)

Second the memory management is much worse than with 4.1.1. I am not a heavy user and do not twitter or facebook or play games. prior ro 4.2.1. after a reboot I started out with over 300mb of memory free. then after a day or so it would drop to between 260MB-280 MB free.

With 4.2.1 it still starts out with over 300 Mb free but quickly drops to 150-190 MB free. I would not be surprised to find out that those who are having the random reboots are heavy users and the cause is they are running out of available memory.

* almost forgot, my Gnex now has the same annoying bug for auto brightness dimming and brightening sporadically that my Nexus 7 does. (Also running 4.2.1)
    In conclusion, 4.2.1 sucks. So glad I never hit that install button.

Sent from my phone that's better than yours.
    gnr_2 likes this.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    Same here. This device has ran like a dream since day one and still continues to shine. It does suck that so many are having problems though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    msndrstood likes this.

Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jj14x View Post
    I haven't noticed any performance issues with 4.2.1, and am not missing any features that were present in previous version (4.1.1). I really like the fact that it lets me start up the camera without having to unlock the phone, and also like the expandable notifications.
    So, I guess I like the updated OS.
    Update: My bluetooth connection seems to be flaky now - occasionally, it just drops the BT connection to my car's receiver. Ugh! Guess I'll have to wait for the BT fixes in 4.2.2, whenever that gets pushed to Sprint users

4.2.1 is working smooth as butter. No issues here.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12