4.2.1 and vibration
Prior to the 4.2.1 upgrade, I had my gmail set to show a notification in the notification bar when I received a new email, make a sound and not vibrate. If I put my phone on vibrate, I would just get the icon in the notification bar, no sound and no vibrate. Now, after the 4.2.1 upgrade, when my phone is on vibrate, when I receive a gmail message, even though the gmail app is set to not vibrate, my phone still vibrates.
Is anyone else seeing this behavior?
- 02-07-2013, 09:07 PM #2
- 1 Posts
Re: 4.2.1 and vibration
I received the update this morning, and the same thing is happening for SMS texts. I use handcent, and it is set to NOT vibrate when receiving messages, but it began vibrating after the updating. I can't say for gmail, as I don't have that set up to sync, but I'm assuming it must be the same issue.
It's very frustrating not being able to get it to quit vibrating. The only point in which I want to hear it vibrate is if I'm getting a phone call.
- By spm488 in forum HTC EVO Shift 4GReplies: 28Last Post: Yesterday, 06:54 AM
- By cfox10 in forum Verizon FascinateReplies: 5Last Post: 04-30-2011, 03:09 PM
- By FrankXS in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 2Last Post: 03-07-2011, 08:43 AM
- By greydarrah in forum Android AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 10-30-2010, 05:02 PM
- By EvilMonkey in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 10Last Post: 06-09-2010, 07:35 PM