Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By msndrstood
  • 1 Post By msndrstood
  • 2 Post By prolongExistence
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs up How to get extended battery for $7 for customers with galaxy nexus already purchased.

McGuire’s Law >Go to special offers > enter Russ.S.McGuire@Sprint.com and 383 > go to accessories and click on the galaxy nexus extended battery > Shopping cart> enter promo code "Battery1" and apply > if you get a message that asks for your zip code enter it and go to the battery and add again > delete additional battery > checkout. This method works for people who already purchased there galaxy nexus. Sprint's offer only works for new customers who purchase a galaxy nexus, this is the work around. You can also do this when you are getting a new phone or changing plans. This is Sprint's employee referral program's website
    Thanked by 2:
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: How to get extended battery for $7 for customers with galaxy nexus already purchased.

Did anyone else do this?

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Default Re: How to get extended battery for $7 for customers with galaxy nexus already purchased.

Yes, I did and no problems. However, I did not find the extended 2100 battery lasted much longer than stock. I ended up with a Hyperion 3500 and extended door for 14.95 on Amazon. I also found an extended TPU case for less than $10. I get about 15 hours with 5 hours screen time per charge which makes me happy.

Hope this helps.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
    via Gnex
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    gnr_2 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

The 3500 extended battery looks like a giant box.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Cardwell View Post
    The 3500 extended battery looks like a giant box.
    Nah, it's fine for me. I'm not crazy about super thin phones. I like a little weight with my phones. I have MS and drop things like crazy so the extended battery gives me more to grip onto. I rather like it.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
    via Gnex
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    gnr_2 likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I see your point, but it is not for me it make my pockets look odd.

I used that method after 2 attempts with Sprint reps. They told me that I couldn't get a battery because they showed no record of me buying a GNex (even though it is active on my account). They told me to go back to the seller and try to get it from them. Kinda tough when I bought it used on eBay (forgot to tell Sprint that part). Anyway, yes, I did the OP's method and it worked like a charm. I have to agree with msndrstood that it didn't seem to make any difference in battery life. Didn't expect miracles anyway, only going from 1850 to 2100, it's only a 12% increase in capacity. But still, it's a spare battery for $7!
    Mine- Sprint: Palm 700p, Palm Treo Pro, HTC Touch, HP Palm Pre, Motorola Admiral, Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G (Jellybean 4.2.2);
    AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.4.2)
    Wife's - Sprint: HP Palm Pre, LG Viper 4G LTE (ICS); Vizio VTAB1008 Tablet (Honeycomb); AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.4.2)
    Daughters' - Nabi2 tablets (ICS)

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Got mine in the mail today. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums