- 1 Posts
My phone is stuck in a bootloop!
HI everyone! Earlier today I rooted my Galaxy Nexus (running on Jelly Bean 4.2.1) and it went fine. I downloaded a font installer app, changed the font once, and once again fine. But, i changed the font again and all of a sudden, the phone shut off. I tried turning it back on, but it only shows the Google logo, then the Nexus "X" logo and just stays there. I feel like i've tried everything to fix it but nothing is helping. I'm new to this and don't really know what to do so any detailed instructions would be really helpful!
- 02-11-2013, 11:18 AM #2
- 4,223 Posts
- N6 - Paranoid Android ROM
Re: My phone is stuck in a bootloop!
Same thing happened on mine. The phone does not like the font being changed.
What I have done is this: 1- Change the font using the app. 2-Directly reboot into Recovery. 3- Wipe cache and wipe dalvik. 4-Reboot system. 5-Uninstall the app and re-install when you want to change the font. 6-Repeat.
This seems to keep my phone from locking up.
As for your current situation, you will most likely have to return to where you started when you rooted.
- 02-19-2013, 05:06 PM #3
- By Ktroberts in forum HTC EVO Shift 4GReplies: 6Last Post: 12-14-2014, 11:37 AM
- By t.h.c in forum Virgin Mobile Optimus SliderReplies: 1Last Post: 01-31-2012, 08:00 AM
- By trudel in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S 4GReplies: 1Last Post: 06-01-2011, 01:41 PM
- By toothdoc4 in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 7Last Post: 04-27-2011, 01:59 PM
- By seanatsb in forum Verizon FascinateReplies: 0Last Post: 11-04-2010, 03:53 PM