- 55 Posts
Phone dialer unresponsive???
Hello everyone! Recently (just before the upgrade to 4.2.1) whenever I make or receive calls, the screen stays black when in the call and stays black when the call finishes. This makes leaving a voicemail or using any type of phone options impossible - "Dial 2 for customer service" etc, because the screen just stays black. I can't hang up either.
Most of the time I have to pull the battery when the call is completed. I have occationally seen "phone dialer unresponsive" messages, but like I said, the screen usually just stays black.
What good is a smart phone, if the phone part is worthless?
Anybody else experience this?
ThanksI loved my EVO 4G & 3D and really loved my Samsung Galaxy Nexus...but I adore my Nexus 4!! No going back for me!
- 02-18-2013, 12:16 PM #2
Re: Phone dialer unresponsive???
Never had that happen. Are you running stock, or have you modified your system in any way? If you do a factory reset and it's still doing it, it's likely that something is blocking the proximity sensor, or it's failed making it think that it's up against your face all the time.
Quick things to check, is if you have a case or screen protector covering the little dots up by the front camera. Visible dust under the screen in that area.Sprint Galaxy Nexus [stock for now]
BB 8130, iPhone 4 8g, iPhone 3g 16gb, Toshiba e800, Palm Tungsten T
[retired]Epic 4g, BB8330, BB 9670, Samsung Intercept, Katana DLX, Sanyo 8400, HTC Wizard, MPX220, and many others...
I loved my EVO 4G & 3D and really loved my Samsung Galaxy Nexus...but I adore my Nexus 4!! No going back for me!
- 55 Posts
- 02-19-2013, 01:01 AM #4Always have your stuff when you need it with Dropbox. Sign up for free! http://db.tt/4AiUNSMC
Sprint: Palm 700p, Palm Treo Pro, HTC Touch, HP Palm Pre, Motorola Admiral, Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G (Jellybean 4.2.2); AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.3)
Sprint: HP Palm Pre, LG Viper 4G LTE (ICS); Vizio VTAB1008 Tablet (Honeycomb); AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.3)
Daughters' - Nabi2 tablets (ICS)
Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
- By blunt420 in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 9Last Post: 07-26-2010, 11:44 AM
- By avpmusic in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 1Last Post: 07-14-2010, 08:20 PM
- By drake13 in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 1Last Post: 05-18-2010, 11:38 AM
- By kvidal#ac in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 0Last Post: 05-16-2010, 09:12 PM
- By trmoney24 in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 8Last Post: 05-10-2010, 08:44 PM