Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mclause112
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default no voicemail notification in status bar?

OK, just got my nexus, and its updated to JB 4.2.1. Its pretty good so far, and I haven't had many problems with it. So far so good. Then again, I came from an EVO 4g that they stopped supporting at 2.3, so anything is better than that. The only thing I can't figure out is that for some reason I don't get a notification when someone leaves a voicemail. I'm able to retrieve it without any problems, but I'm not notified when someone leaves one. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Default Re: no voicemail notification in status bar?

I have the same issue, but I'm also using Voice Integration. For a very short while on 4.0 it would show it, but the 4.1 update stopped that. Are you integrated with Google Voice, or are you "normal".?
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus [stock for now]
    BB 8130, iPhone 4 8g, iPhone 3g 16gb, Toshiba e800, Palm Tungsten T
    [retired]Epic 4g, BB8330, BB 9670, Samsung Intercept, Katana DLX, Sanyo 8400, HTC Wizard, MPX220, and many others...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'm not sure. How do I check?

Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Go to google.com/voice and go to settings (gear type icon on right side near the top). On Phone tab, do you see "Deactivate Google voicemail on this phone"? Or "Activate Google voicemail on this phone"

Also, check to see if you are integrated with Google voice (instead of just google voicemail as I described above) - review the phone tab
    (this of course assumes that you use google voice in the first place)

Regardless though, you should see a voicemail notification - either from the dialer, or from googlevoice app.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

OK I think I screwed it up worse. I synced Google voice with my voicemail carrier, and now it won't let anyone leave a message. What do I do now? Help!

Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If you meant to say that you enabled the integration, you can disable it on the same page on google.com/voice
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

OK Google voice is disabled, and I even uninstalled the latest update. Google voice is not integrated. Should it be?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Cool. I got it all working. Its just confusing, and I don't understand why sprint doesn't have an integrated voicemail app anymore. Probably for the same reason I can't sync my Facebook contacts to my gnex anymore without a third party app. O Google, why must you make things complicated...

- - - Updated - - -

Cool. I got it all working. Its just confusing, and I don't understand why sprint doesn't have an integrated voicemail app anymore. Probably for the same reason I can't sync my Facebook contacts to my gnex anymore without a third party app. O Google, why must you make things complicated...

Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mclause112 View Post
    OK Google voice is disabled, and I even uninstalled the latest update. Google voice is not integrated. Should it be?
    Depends on whether you want full google voice integration or just google voicemail (Google Voice)

Quote Originally Posted by mclause112 View Post
    The Galaxy Nexus device, being a "Nexus" device doesn't have any Sprint apps (including the Sprint Visual Voicemail). Google offers the google voice application that does the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by jj14x View Post
    The Galaxy Nexus device, being a "Nexus" device doesn't have any Sprint apps (including the Sprint Visual Voicemail). Google offers the google voice application that does the same thing
    that's what I was gonna say.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

ok strange...I had google voice activated, and for some reason it wouldn't make any phone calls recently. I kept getting an error message. I called Sprint, and they said that GV sometimes "takes over" the phone. I disabled it, and it worked fine. Lo and behold, I started getting voicemail notifications through the Sprint system. So right now, everything is working, so I'm not going to mess with it. Thanks everyone!
    gnr_2 likes this.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

on the s3 I went to settings-application manager-voicemail app-check box for show notifications

I haven't used sprint's voice mail in so long, I wouldn't even know.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums