Have any NON-rooted Sprint GNexs received 4.2.2 yet?

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Like the title says, I am wondering if any NON-rooted Sprint GNexs have received 4.2.2 yet? If not, any word on when it might go OTA? The straight Google Nexus line got it in early Feb. right about when the 4.2.1 update started being pushed to Sprint GNexs.

This is being asked in light of this recent development which started yesterday:

Does anyone care about the Verizon OTA 4.2.2 update?
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=262246

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Sprint has been roughly 3 months behind on the updates so far. I don't expect it to hit until late April, early May. Sprint may surprise us with Verizon getting their 4.2.2 update, but they've also skipped out on some of the intermediate updates.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Sprint has been roughly 3 months behind on the updates so far. I don't expect it to hit until late April, early May. Sprint may surprise us with Verizon getting their 4.2.2 update, but they've also skipped out on some of the intermediate updates.
That's what I was originally thinking too, until the Verizon update began. I just have to keep in mind that they only got Jelly Bean in the first place around the holidays. I guess I can let them have this.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Fingers crossed that it is soon.

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Well. if you do, be sure to share!

You know If I get my hands on it I will. But there is some concerns from within sprint that our phone are at the end of the line. rumor is there a new nexus on the way for sprint. Should see the new phone late this summer early fall.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
You know If I get my hands on it I will. But there is some concerns from within sprint that our phone are at the end of the line. rumor is there a new nexus on the way for sprint. Should see the new phone late this summer early fall.
I gave up and rooted. Now need to find how to upgrade to 4.2.2 manually. I do hope Sprint gets a new Nexus. I love this line of phones and hope to stock with it for a while.

Sent from the Superuser account on my newly rooted Sprint Galaxy Nexus

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
No. Still on 4.2.1. Unrooted, stock.

I'm giving up and getting an S4. I have a feeling the Nexus line is dead on CDMA. I'm due for an upgrade on June 1st and I'm not waiting until November to find out the N5 will be GSM only, like the N4. If I'm wrong, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
via Gnex