1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Sync Error...

This is the 2nd time this happens since I have had this phone (I have had it for several months now). I noticed my time is wrong and my calendar is all jacked up. So I go into Google Sync and it says Google Sync Error and the lil sync arrows stay red. I tried a method where you sign out of google and sign back in but it says "You dont have a network connection" ... this has been happening since yesterday from around the time Android Central posted the article people were having problems with Google. My bars are grey on 3G or 4, and even when I connect to my Wi-Fi the bars stay grey and I cant do anything. My phone data is pretty useless right now. Texts work even though they are all over the place, and I can also make and receive calls.

Anyone know whats up and how I can fix this sync error? It is frustrating having the wrong time on my phone at all times of the day. Thanks and I hope to have a response by the time I get back from work thanks guys.

2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Google Sync Error...

I am in Los Angeles. I went to a Sprint store today because my girlfriend got a phone and while there I asked about this and a rep said this has been a widespread problem of late here. Apparently they are working on a tower or something. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by BenjaSands View Post
    This is the 2nd time this happens since I have had this phone (I have had it for several months now). I noticed my time is wrong and my calendar is all jacked up. So I go into Google Sync and it says Google Sync Error and the lil sync arrows stay red. I tried a method where you sign out of google and sign back in but it says "You dont have a network connection" ... this has been happening since yesterday from around the time Android Central posted the article people were having problems with Google. My bars are grey on 3G or 4, and even when I connect to my Wi-Fi the bars stay grey and I cant do anything. My phone data is pretty useless right now. Texts work even though they are all over the place, and I can also make and receive calls.

Anyone know whats up and how I can fix this sync error? It is frustrating having the wrong time on my phone at all times of the day. Thanks and I hope to have a response by the time I get back from work thanks guys.

Not sure if this is still an issue for you but I have been having the same problem for a week now. Grey bars indicate that you are not connected to google servers which means you wont be able to connect to google via your phone and sync up. I knew this was an issue with my phone (Galaxy Nexus) because theres no way google servers would be down for a week. I tried logging out and logging back into accounts, I tried powering the phone off and then back on, I tried restarting google services app, I tried all possibilites. Just when I was about to give up, I went to settings > About Phone > System updates. It says my system is up to date and tells me the last time I Checked for an update and has a button to "Check Now". I hit the button and It Fixed the Dreaded GREY bars, now i have awesome BLUE bars and my google accounts just synced and I have access to all google apps via my samsung galaxy nexus

Just try checking for updates in settings > about phone > system updates.

Hopefully it works for you too

best of luck