• 1 Post By prolongExistence
  • 1 Post By gnr_2
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Replacement Battery

Is Sprint still doing the free battery promo? It seemed like there was some hoops one had to jump through in order to get one and yadda yadda yadda.

Anyway, my battery isn't charging unless my nex is idle for a long time. And yes I've tried multiple chargers, rebooted, and yadda yadda yadda. I think it's time for a new one. And like most Sprint customers, I'm not interested in paying top dollar. If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd very much appreciate it.

Shout out everyone with shoddy LTE coverage. Keep the dream alive, people :-)
    Master of Time and Space

Default Re: Replacement Battery

As Sprint's website does not even show the Galaxy Nexus as available for sale anymore, it may be too late.

Call Sprint's Telesales line to check: 866-866-7509
    Never hurts to ask.

Mav.
    We can dance if we want to. We can leave your friends behind. 'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance, well they're no friends of mine.

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    ROM
    Full Stock

Take it by a Sprint store and let them test the battery. If it's bad they may replace it for free. If it's a charging port problem, they should either repair it or replace it with a refurb, and that would be free if less than a year old. At least that's what they did when I had similar problems with my Photon.
    Always have your stuff when you need it with Dropbox. Sign up for free! http://db.tt/4AiUNSMC

Mine
    - Sprint: Palm 700p, Palm Treo Pro, HTC Touch, HP Palm Pre, Motorola Admiral, Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G (Jellybean 4.2.2); AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.4.2)
    Wife's - Sprint: HP Palm Pre, LG Viper 4G LTE (ICS); Vizio VTAB1008 Tablet (Honeycomb); AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.3)
    Daughters' - Nabi2 tablets (ICS)

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Thanked by:
    Justin Cardwell likes this.

Just get the hyperion extended battery from Amazon. I used to be able to go all day before I installed 4.2.1. Now its not as good, but I imagine it's still better than what I would have on the stock battery.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.
    msndrstood likes this.