3g/4g issues

xelafred3987

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
My phone just can't get any service when I'm using the sprint connection but it works fine on WiFi. It used to work perfectly fine but in the last couple months its betting getting worse.

I added a screenshot of what it shows. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-06-23-22-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-06-23-22-44.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 58

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a Gnex and had this problem, a reboot and battery pull worked for me, but it was nerve wracking.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
via Gnex

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Knowing what Rom you're using may help. There may even be an update for it. I had the same thing happen with Sourcery a few months back. I just reflashed the rom, and all was good after that. I later went back to full stock just because each rom seemed to have issues that cropped up, and right now, I just need a phone that works, not that needs tinkering with to keep it working.

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Knowing what Rom you're using may help. There may even be an update for it. I had the same thing happen with Sourcery a few months back. I just reflashed the rom, and all was good after that. I later went back to full stock just because each rom seemed to have issues that cropped up, and right now, I just need a phone that works, not that needs tinkering with to keep it working.

I know what you mean about each ROM having issues. I tried JBSourcery, ParanoidAndroid & now I'm on Mmuzzy's. Only thing keeping me from going stock is the NEED for tethering.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

Shot_Glances

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Do what friedtators did and "dump sprint." Frankly, Sprint does have horrid reception and with all the promotion the other carriers are coming out with, it may be that time. Also, have you tried a system update? If you have, I apologize; it's just some people lack common sense

kellsarah

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Mine likes to take forever switching from 4G to 3G. Then it will get stuck on 3G when I know I am in an LTE area and I have to reboot the phone to get it to recognize LTE again. Sometimes if I am in a 3G only area it will take up to 5 minutes to acquire data signal after rebooting the phone. I am running Cyanogenmod 10.1.3 Official Stable build.

kellsarah

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't want to dump sprint as they have the best coverage where I live (Besides Verizon which is more expensive with limited data) My wife has tried T-Mobile, and now is on AT&T and neither of them hold a candle to the Sprint 4G LTE coverage I get in town when my phone isn't being stupid.

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Instead of dumping Sprint or any other, I suggest you do a little research. I'm sure you have many equipments to do that. Not everything is provided on a silver platter.

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't have this phone but a friend does. I was able to fix his issue by setting the carrier to "Sprint" and his data to "GMS/CDMA Lte" because for some reason they were not showing in his INFO.
Check your info by typing *#*#4636#*#* on your dial pad and Send, and check the info I mentioned earlier.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Mine likes to take forever switching from 4G to 3G. Then it will get stuck on 3G when I know I am in an LTE area and I have to reboot the phone to get it to recognize LTE again. Sometimes if I am in a 3G only area it will take up to 5 minutes to acquire data signal after rebooting the phone. I am running Cyanogenmod 10.1.3 Official Stable build.

After the 4.3 update, I was having a bug when I'd leave 4G coverage, I would loss my data connection. It was almost like the phone got "suck" on 4G and couldn't get a 3G signal. I'm rooted (stock Sprint ROM), so I flashed the older GA02 radios, and it solved the issue. The new radios that came with 4.3 seem to be buggy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36