Data recovery help

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndroidCurious10

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I have the Samsung Galaxy Nexus Version 4.1.2.
I recently deleted all my 500 photos by accident , and they were really important photos. I have tried many programs for photo recovery but they all require a rooted phone or a certain kind of model. My phone is a weird model that is not compatible with most programs so please do not give me a program unless it does not require rooting. (Doesn't rooting wipe all data anyway?)
Anyways I am thinking about bringing my phone to a recovery place but I wanted to see if anyone could do it at home.

Sorry for long post and thanks.

P.S-What should I do to prevent overwriting the hidden data of my phone and photos? And what overwrites the data?

Posted via Android Central App

AndroidCurious10

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply , but how does turning my phone off help and how will G+ backup my photos? I am looking for data recovery not photo backup.

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply , but how does turning my phone off help and how will G+ backup my photos? I am looking for data recovery not photo backup.

Turning the phone off will prevent any other data from being written to the same memory locations as where the pics used to be. Once other data is written to those locations then recovery is pretty much impossible.

By default, G+ automatically backs up all the images on your device, unless of course you turned it off. If you have no idea what we are talking about then I would guess you probably didn't turn it off. Log into your G+ account (you automatically have one since you have a google account) and check out your pictures. Good chance that every pic you ever took is in a private folder there!

Other than that, did you try connecting to USB and using computer software to recover? Not sure if there are many that would recover from a media device or not. My 2 personal favs would be Pandora Recovery or Piriform's Recuva. Both are free but I don't know off hand if they will recover from your phone.

AndroidCurious10

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, but I have not really switched off my phone ever since the photos were lost about a week ago. Does using apps such as Instagram, Facebook etc. overwrite data? Please give me more info on what could overwrite the data! Thank you!

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, but I have not really switched off my phone ever since the photos were lost about a week ago. Does using apps such as Instagram, Facebook etc. overwrite data? Please give me more info on what could overwrite the data! Thank you!

Anything that is saving info to your sdcard would overwrite data. Obviously, saving pics, videos, music etc. But also many apps will still save cache data and history to the sdcard.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
For the longest time all my photos were automatically uploading to Dropbox. Then I looked and saw that it stopped at some point. My Google profile lists Google photos for syncing but when I went to Picasa, only my profile and cover pics were there. Where is this magical photo back up place? Now I just occasionally copy them to my computer since I can't trust the backup.

Sent from my "no longer 120? or battery guzzling" Sprint Galaxy Nexus, thanks to help from the AC forum

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
For the longest time all my photos were automatically uploading to Dropbox. Then I looked and saw that it stopped at some point. My Google profile lists Google photos for syncing but when I went to Picasa, only my profile and cover pics were there. Where is this magical photo back up place? Now I just occasionally copy them to my computer since I can't trust the backup.

Sent from my "no longer 120? or battery guzzling" Sprint Galaxy Nexus, thanks to help from the AC forum
=

Go to https://plus.google.com/ . On the dropdown on the left, change it from "Home" to "Photos". Then using the links across the top-center, click "Photos". If G+ backed them up it would be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy