Reboots that are location based

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
So the last 4 or 5 reboots have been when I got to work, some how when walking from my car into work causes a reboot. What is causing this?

DrDoppio

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I used to get reboots on my LG Nitro every time I passed a certain station with the commuter train. The reboots disappeared when i turned off 4G (which my phone supports, but my SIM card doesn't).

Sent from my ARCHOS 97 Platinum using AC Forums mobile app

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I know stock for the GNex does have its issues when switching between 3G/WiFi. I could only assume that the same would be true for 4G as well but IDK since I don't really have any 4G near me yet. Fortunately, just about every custom ROM managed to figure out how to fix that issue (to bad they didn't share their results with Google). I am using Mmuzzy's FV and I don't have those issues. My new GNex seems to like to reboot every 2 weeks or so for some reason but that's a HUGE improvement from my first GNex that rebooted every hour or so.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Spent a few hours last night rooting and installing mmuzzys ROM. Then I started I noticed when I would turn the WiFi on and reboot the phone the network would flip back and fourth from LTE to 1xrtt. Turn WiFi off and reboot didn't show any issues. Then I used oidin back to 4.0.4 ran the otas up to 4.2.1. And that issue was gone.

Went to bed woke up and went to work. Walked into work and held my phone and watched it reboot. IDK what to do. Seems like everything I try gives me another problem.

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Well the solution seems obvious to me.... Stop going to work!
Ok, seriously, watch your phone. What is happening as far as your signal? Do you have nothing? 3g, 4g? Is it trying to grab WiFi from a nearby building? Are you in an area where it can't get a fix on your GPS location? Do you use Bluetooth in your car? Maybe it doesn't like dropping the Bluetooth connection.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
WiFi is off, blue tooth off, GPS doesn't seem to have any issues locking. And I work about a block away from the sprint tower. Like today I was a few blocks away and was already on full 4G.

If I could get muzzys ROM to stop the data toggling I would be happy.

Ethan Grimes

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
So for clarity, your phone reboots when you get to work and you never had issues on MMuzzy's ROM? I'm curious which radios you're on (GA02 FH05, etc.). Also, are you using anything on stock that you aren't when rooted (particular keyboard or battery saver, etc.)? MMuzzy's ROM for several people had issues with GPS, I know you said you haven't had issues with it locking but perhaps whatever bit of code is causing the glitch in his ROM for some is saving you. First I'd try turning off your GPS location services and see if it reboots when you get to work. If it does still reboot, it could be a radio issue in which I'd recommend flashing an earlier or later radio (if you're not on GA02 which is the latest I would update to that or if you are on it, flash back to FH05). If you continue to have issues even after trying a new radio, then try disabling LTE and use CDMA only then see if you have issues. If you continue to have issues then it's likely either related to the reboot issues that got addressed with the 4.2.2 update from 4.2.1 that Sprint never did or it's a hardware issue.