[Q] Problems with 4.3 update and LTE

blackbyrd84

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Good morning,

I recently updated to 4.3. It was the OTA update for sprint. Ever since I updated, I can still connect to LTE, but as soon as I'm on LTE, I am not able to use any data at all. The signal icon is blue like it is connected all the way and in use, but I can't do anything data related until I fall back to 3G. I reflashed 4.3 from the sprint xda-dev forum and the same issue occurs. Its the stock 4.3. I wiped everything before I flashed it. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

ryancell

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Few of us discussed this in recent threads...seems to be a bug. If you toggle data off/on the 4g works. I did a factory reset and it worked for a few days then started happening again. Unfortunately I doubt we'll ever get a update to fix it.

blackbyrd84

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Shoot, I even looked for similar threads, apparently not hard enough. Anyway, that is unfortunate. I may roll back to 4.2.1 then because that is annoying. Thanks for the info.

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Shoot, I even looked for similar threads, apparently not hard enough. Anyway, that is unfortunate. I may roll back to 4.2.1 then because that is annoying. Thanks for the info.

I went back to 4.2.1 a few days ago - no data drop outs. Just getting that annoying message about the OTA upgrade and have not yet taken the time to deal with it. If you can get to me your build.prop file in the system directory before you leave 4.3, we can both use that to stop the OTA message.

mij9895

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
And I just updated my 3rd G Nexus in preparation to port it to Ting for a friend. Of course, we don't plan on using data on it very often, so I shouldn't really have to worry about it very often. Why can't Samsung do anything right with this phone? :-\

ryancell

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if google is aware of this issue on this device? I know we've discussed it but I wonder if anyone ever complained directly so we'd at least have a better chance of a fix. It's the only annoyance I have with the device on 4.3

Maybe we should all complain here...I think I'll join in...

Post Titled: Really Sprint? latest galaxy nexus update!!
https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/673681#673681

Main Sprint Galaxy Nexus Forums
https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/samsung/galaxy_nexus

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL