4.3 Update wont install

elias105

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Howdy, I've been having problems with my Galaxy Nexus. Besides battery issues, it wont install the new update that Sprint recently released. The update will download and then will attempt to install it, but during the installation screen it will eventually say error and stop. I would then pull out the battery and turn it on again. But once it turns on, its still running 4.2.1 Any help would be appreciated.

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Don't install 4.3 - it has issues with data connection. Each time you switch from from one data source to another (3G, 4G, wifi), the data connection drops out and you need to go into and out of airplane mode to get the data back. Then, if you switch again, you loose again. Real pain in the ***, I went back to 4.2.1 so I did not have to deal with all the data drop outs as I drove around town.

D4rkShadow

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
agree with dmr but if you really want to upgrade to 4.3 check your baseband build. Did you get the phone as a replacement? I got my GNex as a insurance replacement for my Nexus s 4g and they loaded non-matching radio/baseband build. If the basebands dont match the update fails