Sprint Galaxy Nexus on Kit Kat 4.4.2 running smoothly

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey all - just a quick post to let you all know I took the plunge and installed Cyanogenmod's ROM for KitKat on my sprint galaxy nexus. It runs very well. All data works (3G/4G/WiFi) as does the handoff from one source to the next. Also, when I was running 4.2.1, I would have my phone lockup multiple times per day and have to pull the battery to get it working again. I have been running this new ROM since sunday night and have only had one lockup - that is an amazing record considering how many resets I had to do before.

So I just wanted to throw that out there for those who are sick of 4.3 data issues and those who want to be on KitKat. The install process was quick and painless, except that I had to do a factory reset so I lost my data, but that can all be backed up easily and then restored later.

Enjoy

ryancell

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I've never installed a cyanogenmod or custom rom on my phone before...I may be interested in 4.4.2.

Is there a step by step on how to do this? I got sick of the data 3g/4g issue on my phone lately and just turned off 4g since I usually use wifi when I'm at home/work.

I read some posts at xda but I see a lot of versions and don't quite know much about them. Few I seen were: AOSP KOT49H, HALO PIE, SlimKat, VanirAOSP all of which say 4.4.2 but I want the closest to stock as there is if I ever to take this route...Will have to read more into it I guess when I have more time.

Last edited:

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
All Roms are different, so hard to say which one is best. They all have their spins, and none are exactly stock. The one I am using is quite close to stock from what I have seen, but also has some extra stuff like profiles and protection of personal data, both of which I find useful.

I went with CWM 11 as the install process was relatively simple. I first had to install the CWM recovery (I went with the Touch latest version which you can download and then install with fastbooot application). From there, it was as simple as installing two zip files and I was up and running. Note I did have to do a factory reset so I had to back up and restore all of my data.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Great, thanks for sharing your experience. It's good to know that the developer community can keep these devices updated past the manufacturer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay