Why isn't my phone charging?

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
My charger was plugged in and my phone wasn't charging. So I went to my computer, and then I plugged in my charger and it was working.

Then later on, I wanted to charge again (plugged charger to my computer) and it wasn't working.

I felt like the charger wasn't the problem. So I took my brother phone, and use my 2 chargers to his phone and it works.

So then my brother told me to plugged my charger and power off my phone. Then the next day, my phone was 99%. I don't want to always power off my phone if I want to charge.

What's the problem of my phone? :/

Last edited by a moderator:

prEvo

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: why isnt my phone charging?

Clean your usb port in your phone. Also clean out your headphone port. When either of these get dirty, your phone can mess up. Especially the headphone port. This can render your phone useless if dirt or coffee gets in it.

A problem I have heard of many times and experienced is when you can only talk on speakerphone. This is due to your headphone port being dirty. My phone was dropping calls as well. As soon as I cleaned the port, it was fine.

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

Possibly a better solution...
Is your phone hot when the charging is failing? As a safety, if the phone's internal temperature gets to high then it will automatically stop the charging so it doesn't cause damage. Things like poor reception or prolonged time with the screen on can cause overheating. I found that I had to turn off daydream mode because even with the screen on dimly it would overheat. Makes sense since you say it charged fine when it was off but won't charge when it is on.

Samantha Patrick

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site

I pluged my phone in at its not working so i tried a new charger and a new out let theb i turbed it of then turn it ob again and it still wasnt charging

Freddyb123

May 11, 2015
Visit site
It could be the battery needs to be recalibrated, which you can download an app for, or just hold vol up and down, along with the power button for 2min's the phone will power off and turn on and off a few times and after 2 mins you can turn it back on and the battery should b recalibrated. Or it could be either the charger, usb cable, or the phones usb port, which I used a needle to scrape the metal connections, and a small hair clipper brush to clean out the usb port and get the dust out. If none of these work, the phone would be covered under warranty for the first year, so ykucan send it back for a new one, unless you have an HTC, they offer uh-oh protection for free and it's no questions asked phone replacement !! HTC is actually the only android phone I've had that I never had issues with and was always smooth, fluid, and responsive 100% of the time !!

thakurvijay551

May 2, 2016
Visit site
my phone is not charging as i changed my usb

Dear sir...
As my original charger's usb was destroyed by me, so i changed my usb to charge my mobile.
But a problem is occurring that my phone show that it is charging...but in actual it doesn't charges as i can see the percentage of phone charged.
Please do help me.
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

razoda

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
Guyz plz help me.my phone is not chraging when i charge my phone its only on 1% its and hour and hours I still charge my phone and its still not going up from 1% plz guyz Ineed help :'( and i still need to shut down my phone to keep it charging like properly and when i do that its still on 1% and slowly going up plz help Me plz

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams