Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why isn't my phone charging?

My charger was plugged in and my phone wasn't charging. So I went to my computer, and then I plugged in my charger and it was working.

Then later on, I wanted to charge again (plugged charger to my computer) and it wasn't working.

I felt like the charger wasn't the problem. So I took my brother phone, and use my 2 chargers to his phone and it works.

So then my brother told me to plugged my charger and power off my phone. Then the next day, my phone was 99%. I don't want to always power off my phone if I want to charge.

What's the problem of my phone? :/
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-26-2014 at 01:43 PM.

Default Re: why isnt my phone charging?

perhaps the tiny microUSB pins have become loose in your charger cable and phone port and it causes intermittent failure. you may want to buy a couple of inexpensive replacement microUSB cables from monoprice. they can be had for 73 cents each.

3ft USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male 28/28AWG Cable
    Product ID 4867

3ft USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male 28/28AWG Cable - Monoprice.com
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you! I'll try to see if it works!

Clean your usb port in your phone. Also clean out your headphone port. When either of these get dirty, your phone can mess up. Especially the headphone port. This can render your phone useless if dirt or coffee gets in it.

A problem I have heard of many times and experienced is when you can only talk on speakerphone. This is due to your headphone port being dirty. My phone was dropping calls as well. As soon as I cleaned the port, it was fine.

Possibly a better solution...
    Is your phone hot when the charging is failing? As a safety, if the phone's internal temperature gets to high then it will automatically stop the charging so it doesn't cause damage. Things like poor reception or prolonged time with the screen on can cause overheating. I found that I had to turn off daydream mode because even with the screen on dimly it would overheat. Makes sense since you say it charged fine when it was off but won't charge when it is on.
    Mine- Sprint: Palm 700p, Palm Treo Pro, HTC Touch, HP Palm Pre, Motorola Admiral, Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G (Jellybean 4.2.2);
    AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.4.2)
    Wife's - Sprint: HP Palm Pre, LG Viper 4G LTE (ICS); Vizio VTAB1008 Tablet (Honeycomb); AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.4.2)
    Daughters' - Nabi2 tablets (ICS)

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.

Global Posts
    625 Global Posts

Just make sure it isn't a bad usb. My phone almost melted/caught on fire and i had to replace the usb...

USB car charger burned/melted my charger and now phone won't charge