Phone says it is rooted but I've never done that.
First off, I am cell phone illiterate, I appreciate your patience. My charging port on my phone recently stopped working. I went into Sprint to have it fixed. While there I was told that my phone was rooted and as such they couldn't do anything with it. This came as a surprise to me because not only have I never done much with my phone but I had never heard of it. Yeah, I know, I'm simple. So I asked them what I could do and was basically told I could buy a new phone. I've now read a little and watched some videos but here's the thing. I have no idea how to connect my phone to my computer and when I try to do anything using my browser or apps it says something about the security certificate and kicks me off after a few minutes. Can someone hack your phone like this? Not knowing anything, I'm super frustrated. Any help would be appreciated.
- 01-26-2014, 10:00 PM #2
- 01-26-2014, 11:46 PM #4
- 01-27-2014, 01:33 AM #6
- 01-27-2014, 11:09 AM #8
- 1 Posts
Re: Phone says it is rooted but I've never done that.
Did you have to file an insurance claim through asurion on to get the new phone, or did the "techs" order you one. I've had them tell me the same thing but at the time I was not rooted. So you could try a different location or when someone else is working
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
- 01-27-2014, 02:27 PM #9
- By Kieron McCallan in forum Samsung Galaxy AceReplies: 1Last Post: 02-02-2014, 12:10 PM
- By Hirazi Blue in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 4Last Post: 01-27-2014, 02:09 PM
- By buffee in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 4Last Post: 01-26-2014, 10:36 PM
- By Flashheatmvp3 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 01-26-2014, 07:32 PM
- By urabus1 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 0Last Post: 01-26-2014, 07:20 PM