It was a nice run Gnex. I'm out!

prEvo

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Got an LG G2 for one penny on amazon. Great phone, battery lasts all day (and more) ! My Gnex battery life was abysmal, but it was a fun basic phone. Got almost everything replaced on it a week before the first year. Goodbye Gnex!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: It was a nice run Gnex. I'm out!

Congrats on the new phone. Should be a huge improvement over that old thing :p

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

prEvo

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Thanks Everyone! I played with phones at Best Buy and when I picked up the G2 it felt special. When I held the Moto X it felt like a shiny brand new Gnex and I had bad flashbacks. Considering I spent 200 bucks on the Gnex, paying 1 cent was a no brainer. Sure there are new phones coming out this summer, but the step up to the G2 was big enough for me. I thought that the scrolling action from a finger swipe was kinda slow and lethargic on the G2 until I found out that two finger swipes scroll FAST. And a three finger swipe to the left saves your app--you can save three apps to flip thru this way for multi tasking---kinda like cards in Palm OS--really cool. The screen is unreal---I steamed a HiDef UFC app video over Spark Network and it was beautiful.

ryancell

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

I want to leave eventually but a few things keep me with my phone.

-its in mint shape still
-i love my zerolemon battery w/ wireless qi I added on
-i'm still on contract with Sprint and don't want to buy a new phone
-it does basically everything I need it to still

The thing that makes me mad is that I still can't get 4g to work properly because of the radio issue, so I only have it on cdma, but I am on wifi mostly anyways.

prEvo

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

I want to leave eventually but a few things keep me with my phone.

-its in mint shape still
-i love my zerolemon battery w/ wireless qi I added on
-i'm still on contract with Sprint and don't want to buy a new phone
-it does basically everything I need it to still

The thing that makes me mad is that I still can't get 4g to work properly because of the radio issue, so I only have it on cdma, but I am on wifi mostly anyways.

I suggest sticking with your Gnex. If there is nothing gnawing at you(like battery life) then have fun until it dies. Also, my Gnex would always error on the last Android update. So every few days or so it would prompt me to run the update, and the Android guy would fall over with a red exclamation point coming out of it's stomach. The only solution was to send it back to Samsung and have it flashed.
I must say that the new Spark Network is very fast. I really cannot compare the Gnex with the LG G2, that's so unfair. The Gnex is one of the coolest looking phones and has a very comfortable feel and way about it. I need the step up and the G2 was a good choice for me, as it still had 32 gigs like the Gnex. I like the feeling of not using a car charger and having a phone that can hang from sunup to sundown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton