"This folder is empty" + screen not working

Lironcha

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
The screen on my galaxy nexus was broken and isn't working (it's just black, as if the phone is turned off).

I wanted to back up all my photos from that phone, but when I plug it in the PC with a USB cable, I see the phone itself (under "my computer"), but if I click on it - I get an empty folder (folder says "This folder is empty"). No photos, or any other folder.

Thing is I have no access to the phone itself (or its settings) as the screen isn't working, so I need to figure out a solution from the PC...

Any ideas?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the Phone folder is empty, there's something wrong other than the screen - the motherboard is probably gone. So all you have left are whatever pictures you have backed up. (There's nothing to "solve" - there are no files on the phone.)

Lironcha

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Oh no... ):

Thing is... there's the small round light at the bottom of the screen which turns on when you have a notification, right?

This light blinks from time to time, so it seems as though the phone is working (and even turned on at the moment), only I can't see anything other than that light...

Is that a sign for optimism maybe?...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12