Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By uofmike
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How long for lower prices? Gn2

On wirefly, amazon, best buy, radio Shack, etc...

I would imagine they will all start at $299. How long does it usually take for a new phone to have really good sale prices? I hate being patient!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts

Default Re: How long for lower prices? Gn2

Since it is a flagship device, it probably will take at least 3 months. That's my guess anyway...

Global Posts
    551 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

This is a great question. Has the SGIII declined in price? I believe it is just starting to drop. How long has it been out?

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hopefulfarm View Post
    This is a great question. Has the SGIII declined in price? I believe it is just starting to drop. How long has it been out?
    I believe it came out July 1 and I think it's only started to get a discount this month, maybe last? So 2-3 months at least before the discounting started?

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

it's a little tougher with this phone. It might dip to $200 in 2 months, but I doubt you will see it below that for a very long time. The SIII dropped relatively quickly (what, 3.5 months?) down to $100, but this phone is different. The SIII is about taking customers away from Apple and to a lesser extent, other Android companies, so they need to put out every advantage they can get.

The Note 2 is such a different phone, I don't think you'll see too many people on the fence between the iPhone and Note 2. I know some iPhone users will be making the switch but not too many people will be switching from iOS to Android on a freakishly large screen, it is literally a 180 degree change. This phone is simply for the "niche" of people that want an awesome phone with a huge screen and that's a pretty large "niche". But the majority of those people are already on Android and I bet a lot of them are already with Samsung so Samsung knows that if you really want this phone, you're going to buy it no matter if it is $300, they don't need to go below that until sales calm down and people who really want it but are a little strapped for cash can grab it at $200.

I don't see this as a phone where it is going to sell better with a lower price point, just because it is at a lower price point. The people who want it, already know they want it, they don't necessarily need the price to tell them that (although it would be nice if they'd have started it at $200)
    Thanked by:
    12smile likes this.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

T-Mobile has theirs listed as $370 on contract, $650 off contract. However, Sams Club sells it for $280 on contract and $735 off contract and Best Buy has it at $330 on contract $800 off contract. I get the feeling the $800 off contract at Best Buy will be the same for the Sprint version, which sucks cause the Best Buy buyback program has me by the balls if I want this phone and would need to buy it there or just sit on a $300 gift card.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Wow! $370 on contract! Insane.... Guess I should not gripe about $299... At least I hope that will be the sprint price now!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by uofmike View Post
    T-Mobile has theirs listed as $370 on contract, $650 off contract. However, Sams Club sells it for $280 on contract and $735 off contract and Best Buy has it at $330 on contract $800 off contract. I get the feeling the $800 off contract at Best Buy will be the same for the Sprint version, which sucks cause the Best Buy buyback program has me by the balls if I want this phone and would need to buy it there or just sit on a $300 gift card.
    You could always sell the gift card, haha. Or you could try doing this old trick:

Not sure if that still works, though. Was considering trying to do it myself with a $150 BB gift card, but I think I might just sell it instead.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tari View Post
    You could always sell the gift card, haha. Or you could try doing this old trick:

Not sure if that still works, though. Was considering trying to do it myself with a $150 BB gift card, but I think I might just sell it instead.
    Good idea. My gf is all over slick deals and retail me not and whatever, I'll ask her about it.

Quote Originally Posted by uofmike View Post
    Good idea. My gf is all over slick deals and retail me not and whatever, I'll ask her about it.
    If you try that out, let me know if it works. :P