The "I've Got My Note 2" Thread!

RogerRockit

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Preordered mine online from AT&T. I'm definitely jealous of those of you who already have it! Funny thing was, when I went into the AT&T store, they weren't set up for preorders yet. I actually knew more about the phone than they did. They told me I could order it online, or come back in a few days when they'd be better prepared. Yeah, I'm not holding my breath. I ordered online. I'll be checking back here for all the tips & tricks those of you who will have 2+ weeks head start on me can offer.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Got mine on day one. Number 7 in line and out in 45 minutes. The only phones sold whilst there was the Note 2. Most off us bought the screen protector and silicon case. Love the phone. My only complaint is no Otterbox case.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I got mine on Thursday in the mail.... I cant put it down and stop playing with it....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

JAJameson2010

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't think they underestimated it. I think this crap is a stragetic ploy to cause a buzz about the device :-( which makes me hate them more than a little. They didn't get this big and popular by pulling Apple like stunts. I hope someone there remembers that...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I don't think they underestimated it. I think this crap is a stragetic ploy to cause a buzz about the device :-( which makes me hate them more than a little. They didn't get this big and popular by pulling Apple like stunts. I hope someone there remembers that...

Dunno... Could be. But the way the Sprint Store personal really had no idea about the device makes me think that they weren't even trained on it.
When they opened mine up to activate it, they were in awe. They were shocked when they saw the size of the battery.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

JAJameson2010

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately I don't have changed faith in the intelligence of anyone who works at a sprint store... I've been given completely wrong info so many times. Even when I ordered the Note 2 over the phone I was told numerous lies about the LTE and 4 G stuff. They talk so fast and positive they just hope your not smart enough to catch on.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I don't have changed faith in the intelligence of anyone who works at a sprint store... I've been given completely wrong info so many times. Even when I ordered the Note 2 over the phone I was told numerous lies about the LTE and 4 G stuff. They talk so fast and positive they just hope your not smart enough to catch on.

if you want a Sprint Store employee to give you reliable information, ask them about their activation fees, Early Term Fees, Restocking fees etc... that seems to be the first thing they learn and can spout them off to you at any given moment with pinpoint accuracy....lol

BTC

cenix

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
i didn't even know the galaxy note 2 was out this past friday, although i've been waiting for it. ordered it on friday and got it monday!

Wolvan

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up mine. Had to hit a corporate store, as no Best Buy or local stores had them in yet. Titanium Grey all the way (can't stand white phones). Its awesome.

bojackr1

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
They really underestimated the interest in this phone...

I think Sprint and Samsung rushed the phone out due to the slew of competition from other carriers and mobile companies bringing out new devices. I love the phone, I just wish the software was complete. I miss Google Wallet and was looking forward to Screen Recording and Multi-Window. It's not a deal breaker for me in any way but, it would've been nice to have right outta the box.

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone finding it had to find the note 2 in the houston area. I'm out of town and no one has it where i am at. It sucks i have to wait. worried about them being sold out.

I hit four stores Friday after work and none of them had it. That was on the west side of town. I did get to play with a display model at the 59 store and I've found myself "missing" that phone all weekend :) I might have to order one online, after everything I'm seeing about stores not wanting to sell them off-contract.

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone confirm if the N2 indeed does NOT have a removable SIM slot? Saw the manual (P.243) indicated it had somekind of SIM. Thanks.

The SIM is for LTE connectivity, since LTE is technically a GSM technology. You can pretty much figure a non-removable LTE SIM is going to be standard on CDMA phones. This has been the case for every CDMA phone with LTE released to date on Sprint and Verizon.

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I finally got my Note II today~!! Bought it outright from a corporate Sprint Store after work. Spent most of the time customizing my Home screens that I haven't even used the S-Pen yet. :p

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I finally got my Note II today~!! Bought it outright from a corporate Sprint Store after work. Spent most of the time customizing my Home screens that I haven't even used the S-Pen yet. :p

They tried hard not to sell it to you last week, what changed?

elvis1935

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The SIM is for LTE connectivity, since LTE is technically a GSM technology. You can pretty much figure a non-removable LTE SIM is going to be standard on CDMA phones. This has been the case for every CDMA phone with LTE released to date on Sprint and Verizon.

Verizon lte sim card is removable.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Just got my note a couple of hours ago. Can't believe that i have up my GS III. Just four that two weeks ago. But i didn't want to buy a tablet and i wanted something that i could keep for a while. I really like it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000