Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By AnnDroid
  • 2 Post By Slingbox
  • 1 Post By Shenaniguns
  • 1 Post By AnnDroid
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How is the screen compared to the SIII?

One complaint I have is the SIII's brightness compared to my old EVO LTE, how does the Note 2 compare? I'm going to try and check one out today.

Default Re: How is the screen compared to the SIII?

I just posted a similar question. I have the OG HTC EVO and placing it next to the Note 2 in the store today was disappointing. The Note2 was a noticeable grey/white. My EVO has almost pure white whites. I would suspect that overtime, you'd stop noticing the grayness of the whites, but the display looked dull to me coming from the EVO.
    12smile likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by AnnDroid View Post
    I just posted a similar question. I have the OG HTC EVO and placing it next to the Note 2 in the store today was disappointing. The Note2 was a noticeable grey/white. My EVO has almost pure white whites. I would suspect that overtime, you'd stop noticing the grayness of the whites, but the display looked dull to me coming from the EVO.

I'll be reminded every time I look at my old phone that my wife now has

To make screen look better then GS3 go into display settings uncheck - (Adjust screen tone) & put screen mode setting to (dynamic)
    The down side to these settings is that you may lose 5 - 7 % on full charge but hey this device does get 7 hour screen on time as reported....heck some are getting 8

PS
    Don't forget to uncheck auto brightness.
    I have mine set to 60% or so
    12smile and AnnDroid like this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    To make screen look better then GS3 go into display settings uncheck - (Adjust screen tone) & put screen mode setting to (dynamic)
    The down side to these settings is that you may lose 5 - 7 % on full charge but hey this device does get 7 hour screen on time as reported....heck some are getting 8

PS
    Don't forget to uncheck auto brightness.
    I have mine set to 60% or so

That's already been done, I'm just spoiled after having the gorgeous EVO LTE for a few months.
    AnnDroid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    I'll be reminded every time I look at my old phone that my wife now has
    Haha, thankfully my hubby has a pay-as-you-go phone. Hideous thing (not hubby, the phone).

I'm going to keep my EVO as backup if I ever lose or damage my Note 2. And I suspect as soon as I put the EVO in a drawer and stop looking at it, I'll forget it's pure whites.

@slingbox, thank you for your suggestions. The whites look better, but no match to the EVO. However, Dynamic is a stunning setting! Wow, do those colors pop.

I LOVE THIS PHONE. Everytime I pick up my old phone, it already feels puny. I feel like the Queen with my huge azz phone.
    Shenaniguns likes this.