Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Slingbox
  • 1 Post By Shenaniguns
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How is the screen compared to the SIII?

One complaint I have is the SIII's brightness compared to my old EVO LTE, how does the Note 2 compare? I'm going to try and check one out today.

Default Re: How is the screen compared to the SIII?

I just posted a similar question. I have the OG HTC EVO and placing it next to the Note 2 in the store today was disappointing. The Note2 was a noticeable grey/white. My EVO has almost pure white whites. I would suspect that overtime, you'd stop noticing the grayness of the whites, but the display looked dull to me coming from the EVO.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by AnnDroid View Post
    I just posted a similar question. I have the OG HTC EVO and placing it next to the Note 2 in the store today was disappointing. The Note2 was a noticeable grey/white. My EVO has almost pure white whites. I would suspect that overtime, you'd stop noticing the grayness of the whites, but the display looked dull to me coming from the EVO.

I'll be reminded every time I look at my old phone that my wife now has

To make screen look better then GS3 go into display settings uncheck - (Adjust screen tone) & put screen mode setting to (dynamic)
    The down side to these settings is that you may lose 5 - 7 % on full charge but hey this device does get 7 hour screen on time as reported....heck some are getting 8

PS
    Don't forget to uncheck auto brightness.
    I have mine set to 60% or so
    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II
    Thanked by:
    12smile likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    To make screen look better then GS3 go into display settings uncheck - (Adjust screen tone) & put screen mode setting to (dynamic)
    The down side to these settings is that you may lose 5 - 7 % on full charge but hey this device does get 7 hour screen on time as reported....heck some are getting 8

PS
    Don't forget to uncheck auto brightness.
    I have mine set to 60% or so

That's already been done, I'm just spoiled after having the gorgeous EVO LTE for a few months.
    AnnDroid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    I'll be reminded every time I look at my old phone that my wife now has
    Haha, thankfully my hubby has a pay-as-you-go phone. Hideous thing (not hubby, the phone).

I'm going to keep my EVO as backup if I ever lose or damage my Note 2. And I suspect as soon as I put the EVO in a drawer and stop looking at it, I'll forget it's pure whites.

@slingbox, thank you for your suggestions. The whites look better, but no match to the EVO. However, Dynamic is a stunning setting! Wow, do those colors pop.

I LOVE THIS PHONE. Everytime I pick up my old phone, it already feels puny. I feel like the Queen with my huge azz phone.
    Thanked by: