Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kingnothing
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anybody switch from the EVO 4G LTE?

I currently have the EVO 4G LTE, and also the defunct HTC Flyer (because I really thought the pen feature was going to be great). I like the EVO and Sense and have been a devoted HTC phone user, but I'm really getting tired of the lack of HTC accessories and support. Samsung seems to have listened to their customers and are firing on all cylinders.

Anybody here switch from the EVO 4G LTE to the Note 2? If so, can you compare and contrast? Sense vs. Touchwiz (or third-party launcher), screens, signal strength, call quality, multimedia audio, camera? Does the S-Pen work with all apps (particularly Evernote)? Would the S-Pen work in business meetings for serious note-taking?

I will definitely go to a store and play with one, and I may just order one online and try it out for a couple of weeks, but I'd love to get some feedback first.

Thanks!

Default Re: Anybody switch from the EVO 4G LTE?

I switched from the Evo 3D and I loved Sense. Its my opinion that Sense was the major reason why people fell in love with HTC. With that being said, touchwiz doesnt compare. I had excitement selecting the Sense widgets. There are NO decent widgets on touchwiz. HTC set the bar very high with Sense and Samsung Touchwiz doesnt compare. Major let-down. Touchwiz appears for childish compared to Sense.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jwoodsoniv View Post
    I switched from the Evo 3D and I loved Sense. Its my opinion that Sense was the major reason why people fell in love with HTC. With that being said, touchwiz doesnt compare. I had excitement selecting the Sense widgets. There are NO decent widgets on touchwiz. HTC set the bar very high with Sense and Samsung Touchwiz doesnt compare. Major let-down. Touchwiz appears for childish compared to Sense.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    I'll just say that it's VERY subjective what 3rd party interface is the best, and at least judging from the sales it's hard to make an argument that Sense is more "popular." I've also been using an EVO 3D since June of 2011. Sense is ok, and I haven't used a Samsung phone, so I can't say how the two compare, but whenever I've played with Touchwiz I've been impressed with some of its features. I don't have my N2 yet as I'm waiting for BB to carry it, but it'll be interesting comparing the two and getting used to a different interface - although I've had my phone rooted with a couple of different ROMS for over 3 months now...

I switched from the EVO LTE and I miss the lock screen the most. What I DON'T miss is Sense always locking up for minutes at a time. The phone would ring but it wouldn't actually allow me to answer it.
    Thanked by 3:
    Uncle Louie likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

I hated tw too till I actually played with the ICS version and its not all that bad but I had to root and flash asop. I'm a pure android lover

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Can't say that I "switched" but I added the Note 2 and have used it as a primary phone since last Thursday, haven't turned on the EvoLTE yet and can't say that I miss it. I am an HTC "fan boy" but I must say I think I'm in love with my new obese handheld companion
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by PastorDroid View Post
    Can't say that I "switched" but I added the Note 2 and have used it as a primary phone since last Thursday, haven't turned on the EvoLTE yet and can't say that I miss it. I am an HTC "fan boy" but I must say I think I'm in love with my new obese handheld companion
    U should sell the lte unless u are keeping it as a backuo

I switched from the EVO LTE and I miss the lock screen the most. What I DON'T miss is Sense always locking up for minutes at a time. The phone would ring but it wouldn't actually allow me to answer it.
    Get Widgetlocker. It has the same lock screen setup as the Evo LTE. I'm rocking the Evo 4g slide to unlock right now and I love it. Brings me back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    U should sell the lte unless u are keeping it as a backuo

Yeah I am throwing it up on Ebay tonight for a pretty good price. Flat 200

Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    I'll just say that it's VERY subjective what 3rd party interface is the best, and at least judging from the sales it's hard to make an argument that Sense is more "popular." I've also been using an EVO 3D since June of 2011. Sense is ok, and I haven't used a Samsung phone, so I can't say how the two compare, but whenever I've played with Touchwiz I've been impressed with some of its features. I don't have my N2 yet as I'm waiting for BB to carry it, but it'll be interesting comparing the two and getting used to a different interface - although I've had my phone rooted with a couple of different ROMS for over 3 months now...
    Sense would have a much better experience for you if you didn't have to view it through that dizzying screen on the 3D lol
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

How much u guys think I can get on either ebay or c l for my phone. Its in good condition and had working jellybean? I'm getting the s3 for 50 bucks on bf