Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By AnnDroid
  • 1 Post By 2kidz
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default I love this phone!!

    It's only been 3 days, but I am literally in love with this phone. The speaker is very loud, the display is stunning (whites aren't as white as my old HTC EVO, but the blacks are very black) and the size is so convenient for everything. Even my husband used the phone. He flat lines when it comes to phones and has a pay-as-you-go phone that he rarely looks at. He picked up the Note 2 and was actually using it. Found his way around the UI easily and played with the phone for almost an hour. Purring as he went!

    There are little things in TouchWiz and Jelly Bean that make this phone so usable. An example, on Sunday morning we asked Google Now, "When are the SF Giants playing today?" and got our answer. Then at 5pm, just before the game started we were still working outside on hubby's truck. Knowing we would miss the start of the game, I looked at the phone to see if I could broadcast the game live. The phone beat me to it. In the dropdown menu, I had a notification, "TuneIn Radio has the game on ESPN, did I want to stream it?" Well, yes I do!
    Nexus 6 or Note 4 (soon)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5"
    Chromecast
    Vizio Co-Star
    Thanked by 2:
  2. #2  
    hopefulfarm's Avatar

    Posts
    593 Posts
    Global Posts
    900 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

    Default Re: I love this phone!!

    I agree, the Note II is a phantastic, phabulous, phablet!
  3. #3  

    Default Re: I love this phone!!

    Quote Originally Posted by AnnDroid View Post
    It's only been 3 days, but I am literally in love with this phone. The speaker is very loud, the display is stunning (whites aren't as white as my old HTC EVO, but the blacks are very black) and the size is so convenient for everything. Even my husband used the phone. He flat lines when it comes to phones and has a pay-as-you-go phone that he rarely looks at. He picked up the Note 2 and was actually using it. Found his way around the UI easily and played with the phone for almost an hour. Purring as he went!

    There are little things in TouchWiz and Jelly Bean that make this phone so usable. An example, on Sunday morning we asked Google Now, "When are the SF Giants playing today?" and got our answer. Then at 5pm, just before the game started we were still working outside on hubby's truck. Knowing we would miss the start of the game, I looked at the phone to see if I could broadcast the game live. The phone beat me to it. In the dropdown menu, I had a notification, "TuneIn Radio has the game on ESPN, did I want to stream it?" Well, yes I do!
    Wow that is a great feature. I can't wait for the phablet to come to best buy, I have my money tied up in gift cards. So I am waiting:banghead:

    Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
  4. #4  
    MannyZ28's Avatar

    Posts
    2,684 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,615 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: I love this phone!!

    Quote Originally Posted by smooches680 View Post
    Wow that is a great feature. I can't wait for the phablet to come to best buy, I have my money tied up in gift cards. So I am waiting:banghead:

    Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    Me too! Sucks so bad having to wait!

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
  5. #5  

    Default Re: I love this phone!!

    I've been loving my phone since last Thursday, Got the first one at my local sprint store in Austin. Came in 30 minutes after the store opened. Obviously, there was no line of people waiting to scoop it up. I guess I shouldn't be surprised all but one of the store staff didn't even know that it was launching that day and had to look in the back only to find out they had received a shipment of phones. Samsung needs to start marketing this one, the next Bigger Thing.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: I love this phone!!

    how do i access 'google now'...it's comparable to siri i'm assuming?
  7. #7  
    Uncle Louie's Avatar

    Posts
    1,025 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,034 Global Posts
    ROM
    SwampMonster V1.0!!!!!

    Default Re: I love this phone!!

    Quote Originally Posted by 2kidz View Post
    how do i access 'google now'...it's comparable to siri i'm assuming?
    Just hold down the Menu button until it pops up.

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  8. #8  

    Default Re: I love this phone!!

    hmmm...i did and on the left of the screen are previous sites i've visited, and on the bottom are 3 icons including the google thing with sample cards???
  9. #9  

    Default Re: I love this phone!!

    Quote Originally Posted by AnnDroid View Post
    There are little things in TouchWiz and Jelly Bean that make this phone so usable. An example, on Sunday morning we asked Google Now, "When are the SF Giants playing today?" and got our answer. Then at 5pm, just before the game started we were still working outside on hubby's truck. Knowing we would miss the start of the game, I looked at the phone to see if I could broadcast the game live. The phone beat me to it. In the dropdown menu, I had a notification, "TuneIn Radio has the game on ESPN, did I want to stream it?" Well, yes I do!
    This isn't a unique feature to the Note 2, right? This is something available on Jelly Bean and Google Now on all phones that have it? I believe SG3 will have it when it's updated and the Nexus 4 will as well?
  10. #10  
    Uncle Louie's Avatar

    Posts
    1,025 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,034 Global Posts
    ROM
    SwampMonster V1.0!!!!!

    Default Re: I love this phone!!

    Quote Originally Posted by hunterx82 View Post
    This isn't a unique feature to the Note 2, right? This is something available on Jelly Bean and Google Now on all phones that have it? I believe SG3 will have it when it's updated and the Nexus 4 will as well?
    Right.

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
  11. #11  
    Uncle Louie's Avatar

    Posts
    1,025 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,034 Global Posts
    ROM
    SwampMonster V1.0!!!!!

    Default Re: I love this phone!!

    Quote Originally Posted by 2kidz View Post
    hmmm...i did and on the left of the screen are previous sites i've visited, and on the bottom are 3 icons including the google thing with sample cards???
    Hmmm... Not sure what that is. You want to be on one of the home screens, not in a browser. Also, are you sure that you are holding the Menu button (not the home or back button)?

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
  12. #12  

    Default Re: I love this phone!!

    lol! i WAS holding the home button...leaving work before sandy gets me, i'll play with this when i get home...thank u!!!
    Uncle Louie likes this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: I love this phone!!

    @AnnDroid
    Thanks hugely for your entertaining post. Your husband sounds like mine!
    hummingbirdhill
    THRiVEn and 4NOTEd
  14. #14  

    Default Re: I love this phone!!

    i can't wait to get mine activated later tonight! the screen is huge!

    by the way, nice username, it's awesome!

Similar Threads

  1. Love this phone but the phone/dialing feature sucks..
    By Nutzer in forum HTC myTouch 4G
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-27-2010, 03:25 PM
  2. I just love this phone
    By raythepa in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 09:31 AM
  3. Minor issues with the Vibrant - I LOVE THIS PHONE!
    By jwhipple in forum T-Mobile Vibrant
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 09:53 PM
  4. It's Been 2 Months and I STILL Love This Phone!!!
    By AJFSTORM in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 06-30-2010, 08:39 AM
  5. Absolutely love this phone except for...
    By ecksit in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 09:28 AM

Posting Permissions