Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Default Regrets

Now that Google made the nexus 4 official does anyone regret buying the note 2??? Me personally I'm still going for the note 2 and buying a nexus 10 for the stock Android experience

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,031 Global Posts
    ROM
    SwampMonster V1.0!!!!!

Default Re: Regrets

Quote Originally Posted by blaze5 View Post
    Now that Google made the nexus 4 official does anyone regret buying the note 2??? Me personally I'm still going for the note 2 and buying a nexus 10 for the stock Android experience

Not even a little. I have nothing against the Nexus, but stock Android just doesn't do it for me like it used to. This is by far the best phone I've owned.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    yankees177 likes this.
    DAS

Global Posts
    976 Global Posts

No regrets with me. Like is the case with the Note 10.1 tablet, for me personally, what separates this device from any other is the note taking functionality for me. I owned the original Note 5.3 since launch day back in February, and there is no other device like it.

I was interested in, and purchased the GS3, which is a great device in its own right, but without the note taking function I found it lacking for my specific needs. I had no choice and sold it after 2 months of use, and have now picked up the Note 2. For me personally, unless a device (phone or tablet) has note taking features on par with the Galaxy Note product line, while very intriguing devices, I cannot go back.
    blaze5 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Louie View Post
    Not even a little. I have nothing against the Nexus, but stock Android just doesn't do it for me like it used to. This is by far the best phone I've owned.

The nexus devices get updates first I just wish all Android phone got updates on time

Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

There will always be something newer than the phone you have. That's true about all technology these days it seems, save maybe the iphone since there's only one of those per release.

I LOVE this phone, I'm happy happy happy so far!!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hopefulfarm View Post
    There will always be something newer than the phone you have. That's true about all technology these days it seems, save maybe the iphone since there's only one of those per release.

I LOVE this phone, I'm happy happy happy so far!!
    Yea that's true I just hope the note 2 gets updates for the whole two years most people agree for when buying a new phone

The Nexus 4 specs were leaked well before the Note 2 came out. Sealed battery and no SD card slot were dealbreakers. The only glimmer of hope was the camera, but it's reportedly just so-so. There was no way I was going to get that phone anyway.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cobravision View Post
    The Nexus 4 specs were leaked well before the Note 2 came out. Sealed battery and no SD card slot were dealbreakers. The only glimmer of hope was the camera, but it's reportedly just so-so. There was no way I was going to get that phone anyway.
    I agree people act like those are ok things to part with when I purchase the note 2 I'm getting an extra battery even thought the battery life is great from what I've read and a 64 gb memory card I hate using the cloud so the note 2 imo is still the top phone out

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

Idk I'm on the fence. I'm getting an upgrade in January. I Got my eyes set on the one x plus. I do have giant hands. I mean my inspire fits in my hand. Infact even with an otter box on if I open my hand with my fingers closed. Then held it over your face when you looked up you wouldn't even see the phone. Yea I'm looking at the note. My cousin has one I mite play around with it just to see if I like the touch wiz. But most likely I'm gonna root it and put a cm 10 on it. Any suggestions? I love removable batteries and expandible storage!! But on one hand files can be curruptedon the sd so that's why Google is making the push towards no SD. I just wish they had realistic storage.

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Nexus devices will never SDcard slots, unfortunately
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cyanogen-man View Post
    Idk I'm on the fence. I'm getting an upgrade in January. I Got my eyes set on the one x plus. I do have giant hands. I mean my inspire fits in my hand. Infact even with an otter box on if I open my hand with my fingers closed. Then held it over your face when you looked up you wouldn't even see the phone. Yea I'm looking at the note. My cousin has one I mite play around with it just to see if I like the touch wiz. But most likely I'm gonna root it and put a cm 10 on it. Any suggestions? I love removable batteries and expandible storage!! But on one hand files can be curruptedon the sd so that's why Google is making the push towards no SD. I just wish they had realistic storage.

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM
    The SD card is used for media now you cant move apps to the SD card but I have 20gbs of music and videos so it will work for me and the removable battery is good to have but the note 2 imo is going to be hard to beat because it has those two major things and everything else

I would never put AOSP on the Note 2 since you'd lose all the SPen capabilities and would be left with a gigantic phone and useless stylus.

Just install Apex or Nova Launcher to get rid of the TW launcher. I'd rather have the SPen and TW camera software anyways.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

I would never put AOSP on the Note 2 since you'd lose all the SPen capabilities and would be left with a gigantic phone and useless stylus.

Just install Apex or Nova Launcher to get rid of the TW launcher. I'd rather have the SPen and TW camera software anyways.
    So all the Spen apps work with nova or apex launcher?

Global Posts
    1,031 Global Posts
    ROM
    SwampMonster V1.0!!!!!

So all the Spen apps work with nova or apex launcher?

Yep, they work perfectly.

Thanked by:
    blaze5 

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

A couple of points I want to make here:

1. Apple devices only once a year: True for the iPhone, but all the people that bought the ipad 3 (The new iPad) got a kick in the nuts when they also introduced the 4th Generation iPad without much fanfare during the iPad Mini event. I think they're trying to downplay that now, for the same money, you get twice the performance of the New iPad. What a stupid naming convention, going from iPad, to iPad 2, to The New iPad, to 4th generation iPad. Either way, Apple has the need to catch up and stay ahead of the competition and are now throwing more product out there, not just the one a year update. Maybe they will make an iPhone mini and an iPhone BIG to complement the iPhone?

2. Nexus 4 vs Note 2: These devices are in different categories. You can compare the GS3 to the Nexus 4, but not to the Note 2. The Note 2 is in it's own category, so unless you were looking for a phone with a faster chipset than what's in the GS3 and only bought the N2 for it's Exynos quad core, you now have the ability to buy another quadcore phone, one that blows most everything away in the benchmark arena. But benchmarks don't do me much good in ever day life. The Note 2 will play every game the Nexus 4 will play, just as well, and it will be easier to play because of the bigger screen. It will play every video the Nexus 4 will play, but it will look better because of the bigger screen, and we know that the UI is plenty fast and smooth on the N2. The pure Google experience is a valid point, but in the mean time, Touchwiz has matured quite a bit from the days of what we had to deal with on the Epic, and has added some very nice functionality, some of which Google just now writes into Android itself. So in a way, some of the new features are features we've already had. You want the newest Android experience immediately? That's understandable, but having 4.2 on your Note 2 would give you less features than the stock N2 rom.

4.2 new features: Look at them, most of them are not exactly ground breaking, and some of them, like the improvements to Google Now, any phone with Jellybean can run.

So, before even having my own N2 in my hands I can say that I don't regret getting it over the Nexus. I find the design of the Nexus 4 rather bland, but that's my personal opinion of course.
    Last edited by MannyZ28; 10-30-2012 at 12:23 AM.
    Thanked by 3:
    Slingbox, Uncle Louie and blaze5 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post

1. Apple devices only once a year: True for the iPhone, but all the people that bought the ipad 3 (The new iPad) got a kick in the nuts when they also introduced the 4th Generation iPad without much fanfare during the iPad Mini event. I think they're trying to downplay that now, for the same money, you get twice the performance of the New iPad. What a stupid naming convention, going from iPad, to iPad 2, to The New iPad, to 4th generation iPad. Either way, Apple has the need to catch up and stay ahead of the competition and are now throwing more product out there, not just the one a year update. Maybe they will make an iPhone mini and an iPhone BIG to complement the iPhone?

2. Nexus 4 vs Note 2: These devices are in different categories. You can compare the GS3 to the Nexus 4, but not to the Note 2. The Note 2 is in it's own category, so unless you were looking for a phone with a faster chipset than what's in the GS3 and only bought the N2 for it's Exynos quad core, you now have the ability to buy another quadcore phone, one that blows most everything away in the benchmark arena. But benchmarks don't do me much good in ever day life. The Note 2 will play every game the Nexus 4 will play, just as well, and it will be easier to play because of the bigger scree. It will play every video the Nexus 4 will play, but it will look better because of the bigger screen, and we know that the UI is plenty fast and smooth on the N2. The pure Google experience is a valid point, but in the mean time, Touchwiz has matured quite a bit from the days of what we had to deal with on the Epic, and has added some very nice functionality, some of which Google just now writes into Android itself. So in a way, some of the new features are features we've already had. You want the newest Android experience immediately? That's understandable, but having 4.2 on your Note 2 would give you less features than the stock N2 rom.

4.2 new features: Look at them, most of them are not exactly ground breaking, and some of them, like the improvements to Google Now, any phone with Jellybean can run.

So, before even having my own N2 in my hands I can say that I don't regret getting it over the Nexus. I find the design of the Nexus 4 rather bland, but that's my personal opinion of course.
    Couldnt of said it better myself.... good points.... im loving everything of my Note 2...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post

2. Nexus 4 vs Note 2: These devices are in different categories. You can compare the GS3 to the Nexus 4, but not to the Note 2. The Note 2 is in it's own category, so unless you were looking for a phone with a faster chipset than what's in the GS3 and only bought the N2 for it's Exynos quad core, you now have the ability to buy another quadcore phone, one that blows most everything away in the benchmark arena. But benchmarks don't do me much good in ever day life. The Note 2 will play every game the Nexus 4 will play, just as well, and it will be easier to play because of the bigger scree. It will play every video the Nexus 4 will play, but it will look better because of the bigger screen, and we know that the UI is plenty fast and smooth on the N2. The pure Google experience is a valid point, but in the mean time, Touchwiz has matured quite a bit from the days of what we had to deal with on the Epic, and has added some very nice functionality, some of which Google just now writes into Android itself. So in a way, some of the new features are features we've already had. You want the newest Android experience immediately? That's understandable, but having 4.2 on your Note 2 would give you less features than the stock N2 rom.

I agree with everything you said benchmarks really don't matter as long as my phone is responsive the n2 and nexus are both super responsive but like I said ill go with the note 2 and nexus 10

Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    ROM
    Peter's Bugless Beast ICS

Blaze you can always just root your Note2 and ROM away. It's simple and easy. This way you will always have the latest updates.
    I'm really debating on getting this or the SG3. Then rooting away to stock android. We will see. Right now I'm with my Nexus S 4G.
    I wanted the Nexus4 but with no LTE in sight and only available for T-mobile it looks like I'm up s creek.

I looked over the specs of the Nexus 4 and there was nothing that told me that this phone will be anything but a middling phone in the high end phone market. I literally just got done telling my fiance that of all the new release smartphones I have owned, this is by FAR the best one I have ever owned. The camera is fantastic. I took 200 pics the other day because there was no shutter lag, and I would take 6 pics at a time, bam bam bam bam! As heavy as I have used this phone I have YET TO CHARGE IT DURING THE DAY. I only got to 50% battery yesterday. How amazing is that???!!! I am blown away by the battery life on this thing! And a side bonus for me anyway, I have a Ford Fusion with the Sync system. Well in order to connect my previous SGS2 to the phone sometimes I had to restart the phone, and sometimes if wouldnt find my phone but when I get to the car with bluetooth on it finds it and connects right away like its supposed to!

I love this phone so much that I literally feel a tug in my heart when I hold the phone. Everything works well, the display is stunning, the battery is excellent (used it all day yesterday following hurricane Sandy and had 39% at 7pm), the speaking is LOUD, charges quickly. However, it's the size that has me. After the first day of using this phone, ALL other phones are puny and 'just plain cute'. I pick up other people's phones as if I'm using tweezers, the phone as so small.
    Galaxy Note 2 <~ OG EVO 4G <~ HTC Fuze <~ HTC3125 <~ Motorola Something
    Uncle Louie and blaze5 like this.

While at store yesterday doing swap I played around with ET4G & GS3 display models.
    They felt like tiny kid toys screens so small very uncomfy viewing.
    Anyway swap went well got a good GN2,

I'm thinking about adding a Samsung WI-FI All-Share Cast HUB to my Christmas shopping list
    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    While at store yesterday doing swap I played around with ET4G & GS3 display models.
    They felt like tiny kid toys screens so small very uncomfy viewing.
    Anyway swap went well got a good GN2,

I'm thinking about adding a Samsung WI-FI All-Share Cast HUB to my Christmas shopping list
    I've heard nothing but Good things about this phone now I have to decide what carrier I'm going with

I've heard nothing but Good things about this phone now I have to decide what carrier I'm going with

Been there done that.
    I came oh so close to waiting for AT&T version totally over Sprint but woke up to the fact that Sprints unlimited data with LTE is a must have.
    LTE will fire up in my area sometime next month with completion in January so its a win win for me.
    I got my GN2 early with unlimited LTE a few days away
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Been there done that.
    I came oh so close to waiting for AT&T version totally over Sprint but woke up to the fact that Sprints unlimited data with LTE is a must have.
    LTE will fire up in my area sometime next month with completion in January so its a win win for me.
    I got my GN2 early with unlimited LTE a few days away
    I wish I could say the same about Sprint in my area no LTE till next summer

I wish I could say the same about Sprint in my area no LTE till next summer

Bummer man sorry to hear but think ahead have no regrets , If you give up sprint unlimited data moving onto Verizon 2GB / ATT 3GB cap its going to be a killer.
    This device is data hungry with beautiful screen burning up 3gb in a couple weeks will be easy for many
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast