Any body else showing 4G in Los Angeles?

popologuy

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I got my Galaxy Note 2 and have noticed that it displays 4G in the notification bar. Speedtest shows dowload at 4265kb/sec and upload at 3340kb/sec. Ping is 92. Seems like LTE?

Anyone else getting these speeds?

DANNYS.SER

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I do here in Whittier. ..

Sent from my massive Galaxy Note? II...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351832232205.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351832232205.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 74

abdnach

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm still on my Galaxy S3 still waiting for Best Buy to get the Note 2 in stock and just wanted to point out that a few days ago, I was in LAX and the 4G icon came on! I was excited but was in a hurry and couldn't stand and test it. I kept walking deep into the airport as I was trying to open speed test but then I lost 4G and switched to 3G and speed test never went through. Never saw 4G when I was leaving the airport... :(

Unfortunately I live in Cypress, CA and so I'll have to wait for Orange County to get 4G before I get to really enjoy it!

Jedi2155

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Oh man....I was going to switch to T-Mobile from Sprint because of the lack of LTE/WiMax so if anyone else hears about LTE in LA/OC area let me know of the areas!

abdnach

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Oh man....I was going to switch to T-Mobile from Sprint because of the lack of LTE/WiMax so if anyone else hears about LTE in LA/OC area let me know of the areas!

LTE in LA was originally expected to be announced by the end of this year so it should start going live around now and be announced soon. As for OC, it isn't expected until next year possibly around the beginning of summer. These are what was expected but I have been hearing that things have been going better than planned and work is getting completed ahead of schedule so hopefully we'll be seeing Sprint's strong LTE here in Southern California very soon.

cenix

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
So when there's 4g lte service the note 2 will pick that up automatically? I have yet to see the 4g icon! >:eek:/

jhmaynard

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Download the Sensorly app from Google Play and it will transmit data about the towers around you and if they are 4G or not ... or when they become 4G.