Oh No!! Say it Ain't So!!

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I went to activate my mobile hotspot, and to my BIG surprise the app icon was not in the app drawer!!!

Where is it? I looked everywhere and couldn't find it :-(

So I called Sprint thinking that I'd discovered another feature (i.e., multi-window, Google Wallet) that's missing off the Note 2. I was glad to learn that the hotspot feature must be turned on from within settings. While not the most convenient way to turn the feature on and off, at least it's there. :)

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Find out about multi-window (lack of, for now) around the Note2 forums...been discussed. Wait for a firmware update or the 4.1.2 update (S3 will have in December) may have it, either way, you'll know by keeping tabs on the gossip (or checking for updates each day :)).

Maybe try a shortcut for the hotspot? Pen gestures for quick custom-defined (and multiple!) commands is pretty good for that, albeit you need to take the pen out to do that.

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Rumor update:

Verizon's community forum has a 'tester' talking about a test VZW model (which he has to give back within 3 days) and that it he has CONFIRMED the Samsung mutli-window/task feature is on the VZW model.

https://community.verizonwireless.co.../895179#895179

See comment about the Samsung TouchWiz multi-window/tasking feature (#542).

This bodes well for an update to come soon for other carriers...or perhaps by the end of Nov when VZW model is released.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Is turning on Hotspot free?? Or do they charge us monthly for it ????

Sprint used to charge $29.99 to use your device as a hotspot for up to 8 connected devices and unlimited data. When I sold my GS2 I lost the feature and now they charge $19.99 for 2gb or $49.99 for 6gb of hotspot shared data.

It's not bad. I pay $19.99 for the 2gb, since the Note II already comes with unlimited data on Sprint. I only need the hotspot on occasion when I want to connect my wifi only Note 10.1 tablet to the internet in meetings. Where I work they don't have wifi.

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
FoxFi used to work perfectly on my Photon so I could use hotspot free. However, I cannot seem to get it to work correctly (via WiFi, not Bluetooth) on the N2 yet for some reason. Not sure if I can link to FoxFi since the app market kicked them out, but if you Google it you'll find it pretty quick.