Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 49
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    hopefulfarm's Avatar

    Posts
    627 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,020 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

    Default Sprint LTE

    Where can I find more info on the LTE rollout? Now that I have this awesome phone, I'm wondering how long I will have to wait.

    We got some coverage with wimax, but they stopped, it's spotty. So I'm wondering if that puts us to the bottom of the LTE list.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    Rockin' the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4 & the Hisense Sero 7 Pro!
  2. #2  
    czm2000's Avatar

    Posts
    219 Posts
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

    Default Re: Sprint LTE

    http://s4gru.com

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    hopefulfarm's Avatar

    Posts
    627 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,020 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

    Default Re: Sprint LTE

    Interesting. If that's all they expect to cover by the end of 2013, thats pretty sad.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    Rockin' the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4 & the Hisense Sero 7 Pro!
  4. #4  
    seand26's Avatar

    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint LTE

    WTF happened to Orlando?

    Sprint 4G LTE plan, coverage and speed information - Using this link, I no longer see Orlando on the list. Originally it was supposed to be available November/December.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    hopefulfarm's Avatar

    Posts
    627 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,020 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

    Default Re: Sprint LTE

    Quote Originally Posted by seand26 View Post
    WTF happened to Orlando?

    Sprint 4G LTE plan, coverage and speed information - Using this link, I no longer see Orlando on the list. Originally it was supposed to be available November/December.
    yeah well with that, Wisconsin isn't even a choice in the drop down.
  6. #6  
    sndplace's Avatar

    Posts
    1,001 Posts
    ROM
    Just Rooted, stock Rom

    Default Re: Sprint LTE

    I think thats just whats up or coming soon. There will be lots more city and states
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Sprint LTE

    Quote Originally Posted by hopefulfarm View Post
    Where can I find more info on the LTE rollout? Now that I have this awesome phone, I'm wondering how long I will have to wait.

    We got some coverage with wimax, but they stopped, it's spotty. So I'm wondering if that puts us to the bottom of the LTE list.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    Do you have your phone set to LTE/CDMA so that it will pick up 4G if you are in an area that has it? When I first got my S3 back in July I turned it off because I knew that Sprint hadn't set up LTE here yet. Last weekend I was out of town so I turned it on, and when I got back to Austin I noticed that in certain parts of town my 4G indicator was lighting up. So even though Sprint hasn't announced LTE coverage for Austin, I'm still getting some so I know they're working on it. I would suggest others to turn theirs on also and see if they find any coverage
    GS3 (Sprint)
    google+
    http://gplus.to/twitch88
  8. #8  
    kg4icg's Avatar

    Posts
    351 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,609 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB

    Default Re: Sprint LTE

    Quote Originally Posted by twitch808 View Post
    Do you have your phone set to LTE/CDMA so that it will pick up 4G if you are in an area that has it? When I first got my S3 back in July I turned it off because I knew that Sprint hadn't set up LTE here yet. Last weekend I was out of town so I turned it on, and when I got back to Austin I noticed that in certain parts of town my 4G indicator was lighting up. So even though Sprint hasn't announced LTE coverage for Austin, I'm still getting some so I know they're working on it. I would suggest others to turn theirs on also and see if they find any coverage
    Sprint Announced Austin back in September. and too see coverage you can download the sensorly app for android onto your phone and you can go to the website at sensorly.com and select Sprint 4G in the pulldown menu.
    7cf26b0d
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    hopefulfarm's Avatar

    Posts
    627 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,020 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

    Default Re: Sprint LTE

    Quote Originally Posted by twitch808 View Post
    Do you have your phone set to LTE/CDMA so that it will pick up 4G if you are in an area that has it? When I first got my S3 back in July I turned it off because I knew that Sprint hadn't set up LTE here yet. Last weekend I was out of town so I turned it on, and when I got back to Austin I noticed that in certain parts of town my 4G indicator was lighting up. So even though Sprint hasn't announced LTE coverage for Austin, I'm still getting some so I know they're working on it. I would suggest others to turn theirs on also and see if they find any coverage
    I do have my phone set to pick up LTE. I double checked. Was soo hoping to see some LTE love last weekend. Nothing.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Sprint LTE

    Soooooo, does Sprint currently offer 4G data speed for San Francisco, California? I could not tell exactly from one of the links I read. Thanks! Casey
  11. #11  
    kg4icg's Avatar

    Posts
    351 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,609 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB

    Default Re: Sprint LTE

    yes they do. Coverage Maps | Sensorly select sprints 4g from the pull down and scroll to the San Francisco area to see current coverage.
    7cf26b0d
    Thanked by:
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Sprint LTE

    Quote Originally Posted by kg4icg View Post
    yes they do. Coverage Maps | Sensorly select sprints 4g from the pull down and scroll to the San Francisco area to see current coverage.
    Thanks for your reply. If I'm reading the Sprint coverage map correctly, it appears that only small portions of San Francisco are 4G speed, and the rest is WiMax? What is WiMax? Is that 3G speed?
  13. #13  
    kg4icg's Avatar

    Posts
    351 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,609 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB

    Default Re: Sprint LTE

    It is the 4G before LTE.
    7cf26b0d
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Sprint LTE

    Had anyone noticed poor LTE reception after the update? I used to get it at my house no problem and now it isn't working. The coverage map says my house should be getting LTE coverage. I've toed updating the PRL and Profile and nothing seems to help it.

    Sent from my Galaxy Note II on Sprint using Tapatalk 2
  15. #15  
    TenshiNo's Avatar

    Posts
    185 Posts
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (Rooted) Jelly Bean

    Default Re: Sprint LTE

    Quote Originally Posted by lingo622 View Post
    Had anyone noticed poor LTE reception after the update? I used to get it at my house no problem and now it isn't working. The coverage map says my house should be getting LTE coverage. I've toed updating the PRL and Profile and nothing seems to help it.
    I'm not seeing this issue. Is it possible there's a problem with the tower near your house? My reception is just as good after the update as it was before. I don't believe the update did anything with the radios.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Sprint LTE

    Not sure. Might have to call and find out. But they always tell me there's a tower outage... And I didn't think it did anything to the radio but I just wanted to check.

    Sent from my Galaxy Note II on Sprint using Tapatalk 2
  17. #17  
    kg4icg's Avatar

    Posts
    351 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,609 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB

    Default Re: Sprint LTE

    Enjoying some LTE in Alexandra, VA. Sprint hit the switch last week in this area.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    7cf26b0d
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Sprint LTE

    I spent a few days in SF last week, and 4G was patchy at best. Most of the time I was showing 3G speeds.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Sprint LTE

    Just got my GN2 a day ago and been noticing I'm on 4G quite a bit here in the Hollywood/Cooper City/Davie area... Download speeds are around 4.3Mb's and upload is around 225Kb. Not great, but much better than the 3G speeds around here.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Sprint LTE

    does anybody know when we will get LTE in Phoenix or Las Vegas?
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Sprint LTE

    Quote Originally Posted by coastietech View Post
    Just got my GN2 a day ago and been noticing I'm on 4G quite a bit here in the Hollywood/Cooper City/Davie area... Download speeds are around 4.3Mb's and upload is around 225Kb. Not great, but much better than the 3G speeds around here.
    That's awesome, plus sprint said they are not letting lte running at full speed yet so it's probably going to get faster. Probably like 8-10 mbps on good days.

    Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Sprint LTE

    My close friend is a Sprint tech and he said it's looking like maybe early 2014. Don't even think about 2013. He also says that they are most likely to do away with unlimited data as well because since the network will be better that they'll be looking to capitalize off of it quickly. So if u suffer through the horrible service now is the only way you'll be able to keep unlimited data. this is only what he thinks though but the part about 2014 is credible info
  23. #23  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: Sprint LTE

    Lol this is a bad day outside

    Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sprint LTE-uploadfromtaptalk1354928653881.jpg  
  24. #24  
    Coop1979's Avatar

    Posts
    81 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Sprint LTE

    I caught a patch of LTE in Charlotte the other day. Not bad.


    Sent from my SPH-L900
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sprint LTE-uploadfromtaptalk1354929409990.jpg  
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Sprint LTE

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    Lol this is a bad day outside

    Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    This is crazy! That's awesome speeds. Definitely looking forward to sprint turning on lte before end of year.

    Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Nexus Prime Sprint LTE
    By jcoolkatzerg in forum Sprint Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-07-2012, 09:26 AM
  2. Sprints LTE announcement
    By Goldenbrown in forum HTC EVO 3D
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 11-27-2011, 08:19 PM
  3. Who's saving their upgrades for the Sprint LTE phones?
    By carraser891 in forum Sprint Epic 4G
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-09-2011, 09:44 AM
  4. Sprint LTE Question
    By njt462 in forum Sprint
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-20-2011, 06:29 PM
  5. Sprint LTE
    By akhi216 in forum Sprint
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-08-2011, 09:56 AM

Posting Permissions