Sprint LTE

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Where can I find more info on the LTE rollout? Now that I have this awesome phone, I'm wondering how long I will have to wait.

We got some coverage with wimax, but they stopped, it's spotty. So I'm wondering if that puts us to the bottom of the LTE list.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. If that's all they expect to cover by the end of 2013, thats pretty sad.

twitch808

Apr 16, 2011
profiles.google.com
Where can I find more info on the LTE rollout? Now that I have this awesome phone, I'm wondering how long I will have to wait.

We got some coverage with wimax, but they stopped, it's spotty. So I'm wondering if that puts us to the bottom of the LTE list.

Do you have your phone set to LTE/CDMA so that it will pick up 4G if you are in an area that has it? When I first got my S3 back in July I turned it off because I knew that Sprint hadn't set up LTE here yet. Last weekend I was out of town so I turned it on, and when I got back to Austin I noticed that in certain parts of town my 4G indicator was lighting up. So even though Sprint hasn't announced LTE coverage for Austin, I'm still getting some so I know they're working on it. I would suggest others to turn theirs on also and see if they find any coverage

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Do you have your phone set to LTE/CDMA so that it will pick up 4G if you are in an area that has it? When I first got my S3 back in July I turned it off because I knew that Sprint hadn't set up LTE here yet. Last weekend I was out of town so I turned it on, and when I got back to Austin I noticed that in certain parts of town my 4G indicator was lighting up. So even though Sprint hasn't announced LTE coverage for Austin, I'm still getting some so I know they're working on it. I would suggest others to turn theirs on also and see if they find any coverage

Sprint Announced Austin back in September. and too see coverage you can download the sensorly app for android onto your phone and you can go to the website at sensorly.com and select Sprint 4G in the pulldown menu.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

I do have my phone set to pick up LTE. I double checked. Was soo hoping to see some LTE love last weekend. Nothing.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Soooooo, does Sprint currently offer 4G data speed for San Francisco, California? I could not tell exactly from one of the links I read. Thanks! Casey

lingo622

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Had anyone noticed poor LTE reception after the update? I used to get it at my house no problem and now it isn't working. The coverage map says my house should be getting LTE coverage. I've toed updating the PRL and Profile and nothing seems to help it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II on Sprint using Tapatalk 2

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Had anyone noticed poor LTE reception after the update? I used to get it at my house no problem and now it isn't working. The coverage map says my house should be getting LTE coverage. I've toed updating the PRL and Profile and nothing seems to help it.

I'm not seeing this issue. Is it possible there's a problem with the tower near your house? My reception is just as good after the update as it was before. I don't believe the update did anything with the radios.

lingo622

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Not sure. Might have to call and find out. But they always tell me there's a tower outage... And I didn't think it did anything to the radio but I just wanted to check.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II on Sprint using Tapatalk 2

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Enjoying some LTE in Alexandra, VA. Sprint hit the switch last week in this area.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

coastietech

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Just got my GN2 a day ago and been noticing I'm on 4G quite a bit here in the Hollywood/Cooper City/Davie area... Download speeds are around 4.3Mb's and upload is around 225Kb. Not great, but much better than the 3G speeds around here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star