I can stream media through the Xbox 360?!

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Just stumbled upon this, and thought I'd share.

I had my 360 on, but it was sitting idol on the dashboard while I was going through some pictures in the gallery on my Note 2. I noticed this...
uploadfromtaptalk1351908539447.jpg

I hit it, and the picture appeared on my non-Samsung (Vizio) HDTV.

I then tried a video...

uploadfromtaptalk1351908653740.jpg

And it played perfectly. No sound sync issues, visual stuttering or anything like that.

I knew that this was a feature via the Samsung Hub or a newer Samsung TV, but I had no idea that it would work with an Xbox 360. And an older (non-wifi) Xbox 360 at that.

Anyone seen this mentioned anywhere? I couldn't find anything. This just saved me about a hundred bucks, as I was getting ready to purchase the Media Hub.

Last edited:

101jp

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I noticed the same with photos streaming directly to my XBox and now I just found out that my Sony Blue ray player can get them as well. I can't find anything on the web related to the Change Player in Photo Gallery .

Note 2 user

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I noticed the same with photos streaming directly to my XBox and now I just found out that my Sony Blue ray player can get them as well. I can't find anything on the web related to the Change Player in Photo Gallery .

Note 2 user

Has anyone tried this on the ps3?

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Did you previously sync your phone to your xbox in any way or did it just talk to it automatically?

Nope; whatever happened, happened automatically. I had to hit the symbol to make it start, but that was it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

mmgquiet

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I was doing this all week long when I went to Florida at my dad's house for christmas. He has a brand new 60 inch samsung TV with web enabled features and a brand new sony blue ray/surround sound system (also wifi enabled) I was streaming music, photos and video to both.

thunderx2000

Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I am able to do this also. What you have to do is go into the Gallery app to where it shows all the folders on one screen, press the menu button and select Scan for nearby devices. It'll find the Xbox, picture viewing good but the video playback is stuttery.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I am able to do this also. What you have to do is go into the Gallery app to where it shows all the folders on one screen, press the menu button and select Scan for nearby devices. It'll find the Xbox, picture viewing good but the video playback is stuttery.

It depends on the video file. Most of the ones I've tried have been really smooth; but it can be a bit of a battery drainer.

Bigdinco

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
The phone is using DLNA to send to any capable device. So as long as you are on the same LAN you will see any DLNA capable device. I have the WD Live TV and it found it automatically.

JRockTheIII

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm a little late in the game here, but I too have encountered this by stumbling upon it, by chance. It won't play my GIFs though. Anyone else?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
You can sync your youtube app to your xbox also and play videos from your phone to your tv.

Note 2,,ITS TRUE, SIZE IS EVERYTHING.

Kari Wilson

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
This happened to my husband also. We use the Samsung Galaxy S3's and he has successfully posted several pictures to our son's XBOX! He had no idea that he was going around for weeks posting things to the box!!!! :D

How do you get to the setting to turn it on and off. If might be a useful way to communicate with a teen but on the other hand I don't want it posting something we don't want him seeing either.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I was watching Netflix through xbox last night and I was looking at pictures I took. Seen the strange icon and pressed it. Sure enough Netflix paused and my picture was on the screen. Did not go away,, stayed there until I changed picture,, or videos. It's a cool feature but I don't even need to do this through xbox because fios remote app does this also,, without even pausing tv. Pretty cool

Note 2,,ITS TRUE, SIZE IS EVERYTHING.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke