Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Default Re: Best Buy titanium, preorder and release date.?.

Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I don't know if other retailers that have announced an official date. I pre ordered my phone early last week, anxiously awaiting the email I am supposed to receive when it comes in. I will go there on Saturday night and make sure they will have it Sunday.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Well I called the best buy corporate store and they said they are shooting for the November 11th for store release but it could be November 16th. And they stated something should be stated on there best buy website in a few days.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

This uncertainty stuff is driving me up the wall and back! It's so unBestBuylike! Grrrr!

I am going to call them right now to see what kind of an answer I get...
    dvdmon likes this.

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Ok so the last guy was about as ambiguous as they come. He said he heard many dates but they are not giving release dates yet because they haven't heard official word from Samsung when the stuff will be in stock. He said he heard of the Nov 11 and 16th dates, he's also heard earlier and later dates....omg...what does that mean!

Blaaaaaaaaaah!

Ok so the last guy was about as ambiguous as they come. He said he heard many dates but they are not giving release dates yet because they haven't heard official word from Samsung when the stuff will be in stock. He said he heard of the Nov 11 and 16th dates, he's also heard earlier and later dates....omg...what does that mean!

Blaaaaaaaaaah!
    I am so upset with best buy with all this mess going on with not releasing the next big thing the Samsung galaxy note 2.

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I had my friend call there right after I did...and they told her the same thing.....blowage!

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

I was at bestbuy today, there was a live display model. I was playing with it and cant wait to get mine.

I just spoke with one of the corporate best buy mobile department reps and he just said that the Samsung galaxy note 2 is still in pre-order status and there is still no date on release.

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts

I think from here on out I'm not going to believe anything unless I see it in writing on Best Buy's website - or in a news article from a reputable source, lol! I'll be hoping something comes out in the next few days. If I don't see anything, or see the phone at my local BB by Sunday, each day after that get's be about 10% closer to breaking down and buying it from Sprint. Not sure how I'll swing that financially. Maybe I'll just have to buy an SIII if I see a sale for one for $100 before the Note 2 is available from BB. All in all, this has been one of the most frustrating, messed up releases of any cell phone I've gotten.

Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    I think from here on out I'm not going to believe anything unless I see it in writing on Best Buy's website - or in a news article from a reputable source, lol! I'll be hoping something comes out in the next few days. If I don't see anything, or see the phone at my local BB by Sunday, each day after that get's be about 10% closer to breaking down and buying it from Sprint. Not sure how I'll swing that financially. Maybe I'll just have to buy an SIII if I see a sale for one for $100 before the Note 2 is available from BB. All in all, this has been one of the most frustrating, messed up releases of any cell phone I've gotten.
    So true I feel you on that

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Totally agree with you guys. Last June 22 I was on of the first four people in my town to have the GS3 thanks to pre ordering it from Best Buy, but now...no such luck. The way the guy from the corporate office talked to me though was interesting, like he knew something but didn't want to say or wasn't allowed to say. One of the other things he said that stuck out was that he couldn't even take a pre order for the phone, making it sound like the stores have priority of any stock coming in. As an example he gave the new ipad and iPhone 5 saying that he couldn't sell any of those because all the stock went to the store first.

We should really stop calling the corporate office and just try to stick to what the local stores have to say. I am still hopeful for Sunday, especially since a Best Buy employee here in the forum said that he saw that magical email from up above about when the launch date is.

I am still pissed though.

Tonight I called 3 Best Buys in my area and all 3 Best Buys were certain about November 11th being their release date. Also, 2 of the 3 stores were not taking pre-orders, first come, first served and those 2 stores that are not doing pre-orders are NOT selling the Note 2 off contract for the first month of their release. But the one store that is doing pre-orders told me they were selling it off and on contract, I know where I am going. By the way, i'm in Orange County, Ca.
    MannyZ28 likes this.

I live in Ga and I just called my local best buy store and they got some white Samsung galaxy note 2 in stock. I have to wait to see where my name is on the pre-order list. but at least they got some in so that is positive.

MannyZ28 likes this.

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smooches680 View Post
    I live in Ga and I just called my local best buy store and they got some white Samsung galaxy note 2 in stock. I have to wait to see where my name is on the pre-order list. but at least they got some in so that is positive.

Cool! So have they said that they might be able to get your phone to you before November 11??? Keep us informed!

Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    Cool! So have they said that they might be able to get your phone to you before November 11??? Keep us informed!
    No he didn't say, he just stated that they got some white ones in and will call me and let me know when they get to my name on the pre-order list. So I doubt if I hear from them today.

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Awesome news for you! Hopefully you will get one today!

Awesome news for you! Hopefully you will get one today!

Yes I hope so, will let you'll know.

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

One of the stores in North Kansas City has white in stock right now, and has no idea when/if they will get the grey.

So the dilemma is, do I pull the trigger and get white or wait hoping that the grey (which is my first choice) comes in the next few days?

My wife says get the white instead of risking it.

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Good to see them finally getting stock!

19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

Has anyone tried to order a titanium one?

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts

They have 3 - they are checking to see if there are any pre orders. If not I may be walking out with one!

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts

No pre orders. So I'm getting it! Two left (both white) after I get mine - Reston, VA

MannyZ28 likes this.

I like the white one best, so I got it. The gray one looked odd on the back case to me.

I just called best buy and my Samsung galaxy note 2 that I pre-ordered came in and I ordered white. Going to pick up in a few hours.

Just called my local Best Buy. The guy put me on hold and then picked up and asked if I wanted White or Grey. I said white and he put me on hold again. He picked back up and said the system said there are 4 in stock and then put me on hold again to check to make sure they were there. Picked back up and said they are there and available. Now I just have to see if I want to pull the trigger or wait for the multiscreen update or black friday deals.

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts

Ok, guys just got home and wow what a nightmare! Basically, we had to call Sprint 3 times before we got a rep who would let me upgrade my phone there. Apparently there's some policy that if you are on a discounted plan (we are on some Family+ plan that is slightly less per month than the normal one), you have to upgrade through a Sprint corporate store. Only problem with that policy is that I've never had to do that! I've upgraded at a Best buy at least a couple of times, one being just two weeks ago for my wife's phone - got her an SIII. We FINALLY got someone who would let us do it, went through activating the phone, then when they went to go process the purchase, Best Buy's system wouldn't let them.

The mobile manager and a higher-level manager came over and there were like 5 or 6 BB employees going through all their systems, and they were all scratching their heads. They said that normally if a phone is already being sold by a carrier, than it is fair game for them to sell it (when they get it in stock). If, as it occasionally happens, there is some kind of exclusivity for the carrier, they will note it down in the system so that reps know not to sell it. So they had to undo the upgrade and reactivate my old phone. I spent over two hours there and had to walk out empty handed. At least they said they were holding the phone for me and that I should be able to pick it up on Sunday, and they said they'd email me if they were suddenly able to do the purchase ealier than that. I'm just envisioning another nightmare with trying to get Sprint to upgrade it again! They were very nice about it and said I could get a free case for my hassle, although when I asked them if they had any for the Note 2 they said not yet. So, I feel defeated, but at least now I THINK I'll be able to get it latest by Sunday, maybe even earlier if I'm lucky.

Mostly I'm just exhausted, but also really pissed at Sprint for having this stupid policy. Best Buy was great, very patient, at least as far as the reps went. I'm not sure whether it's more Sprint's doing or Best Buy corporate, or maybe both share the blame in having this exclusivity deal without telling the customer - or even their own reps. All in all, this is the worst upgrade experience I've ever had with Sprint and it really makes me wonder why I continue to use them. Yes, they have unlimited data, and yes, they are less costly than the other carriers, but if you add on all these additional hassles onto the already slow network, it becomes really hard to justify the savings for such more customer care...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast