Best Buy titanium, preorder and release date.?.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have a friend who works at Best Buy and he sent me an MMS of a White GN2 that they just got in. He said they only got white in and I didn't ask for what carrier. I asked about a November 11th release date and he said that's what they're aiming for. Will load up the pic later, if you want.

Could you ask how many they got and what carrier? Would love to see the pic!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I find that hard to believe, unless your best buy is a tiny store or something. My store has a dummy display unit so I know they will carry it.

But is it a SPRINT dummy display? I'm wondering if the display is for the AT&T one due out on the 9th or the VZN one due out on the 25th or 27th?

No, the Best Buy is a pretty large one in Reston, VA. But he said he thought it wouldn't be in their entire district. I'm not sure how big a district is, but we have tons of stores. I know it could be yet more misinformation, but the guy seemed reasonably knowledgeable and confident. Not that that means much I guess! It's just increasingly aggravating. If it doesn't get here on the 11th and I go in and ask, they might say - oh, wait till next week. Then it just repeats itself and we have no idea when (or if) it ever comes out. Just indefinite waiting, and that's not really acceptable. Best Buy corporate needs to say something. I realize I could potentially order it online, but it's more difficult for me because I have to buy elligibility for one of the lines on my account (not my own), then transfer that elligibility to my line when purchasing. This can be done in person, but when I tried to do something similar for my wife to get her an SIII a couple of weeks ago, the transaction failed online. And it wouldn't tell me why. I had to go in to the store. If I can't go into the store because they don't have the phone, I might be in a catch 22...

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a friend who works at Best Buy and he sent me an MMS of a White GN2 that they just got in. He said they only got white in and I didn't ask for what carrier. I asked about a November 11th release date and he said that's what they're aiming for. Will load up the pic later, if you want.

Sure, you can post it, but I think it's not going to help much because for all we know it's an AT&T one - which I think is released on the 9th. The nice thing about the Sprint one being unbranded actually makes it less easy to "prove" it is coming. I guess if you could get your friend to take a picture of the box, presumably that will have some Sprint logo on it?

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Go and pre order so you'll be guaranteed to have one.

As I mentioned below, it's not as easy as it would seem. I may end up having to at least try it, but I'm sure I will need to do it over the phone with them vs. online, and with a lot of coordination with Sprint.

Does anyone know of any other retailers other than Sprint stores that are actually selling the N2 or at least have announced the release date??

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
As I mentioned below, it's not as easy as it would seem. I may end up having to at least try it, but I'm sure I will need to do it over the phone with them vs. online, and with a lot of coordination with Sprint.

Does anyone know of any other retailers other than Sprint stores that are actually selling the N2 or at least have announced the release date??

I don't know if other retailers that have announced an official date. I pre ordered my phone early last week, anxiously awaiting the email I am supposed to receive when it comes in. I will go there on Saturday night and make sure they will have it Sunday.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if other retailers that have announced an official date. I pre ordered my phone early last week, anxiously awaiting the email I am supposed to receive when it comes in. I will go there on Saturday night and make sure they will have it Sunday.

Well I called the best buy corporate store and they said they are shooting for the November 11th for store release but it could be November 16th. And they stated something should be stated on there best buy website in a few days.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
This uncertainty stuff is driving me up the wall and back! It's so unBestBuylike! Grrrr!

I am going to call them right now to see what kind of an answer I get...

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok so the last guy was about as ambiguous as they come. He said he heard many dates but they are not giving release dates yet because they haven't heard official word from Samsung when the stuff will be in stock. He said he heard of the Nov 11 and 16th dates, he's also heard earlier and later dates....omg...what does that mean!

Blaaaaaaaaaah!

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok so the last guy was about as ambiguous as they come. He said he heard many dates but they are not giving release dates yet because they haven't heard official word from Samsung when the stuff will be in stock. He said he heard of the Nov 11 and 16th dates, he's also heard earlier and later dates....omg...what does that mean!

Blaaaaaaaaaah!

I am so upset with best buy with all this mess going on with not releasing the next big thing the Samsung galaxy note 2.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I just spoke with one of the corporate best buy mobile department reps and he just said that the Samsung galaxy note 2 is still in pre-order status and there is still no date on release.

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think from here on out I'm not going to believe anything unless I see it in writing on Best Buy's website - or in a news article from a reputable source, lol! I'll be hoping something comes out in the next few days. If I don't see anything, or see the phone at my local BB by Sunday, each day after that get's be about 10% closer to breaking down and buying it from Sprint. Not sure how I'll swing that financially. Maybe I'll just have to buy an SIII if I see a sale for one for $100 before the Note 2 is available from BB. All in all, this has been one of the most frustrating, messed up releases of any cell phone I've gotten. :(

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I think from here on out I'm not going to believe anything unless I see it in writing on Best Buy's website - or in a news article from a reputable source, lol! I'll be hoping something comes out in the next few days. If I don't see anything, or see the phone at my local BB by Sunday, each day after that get's be about 10% closer to breaking down and buying it from Sprint. Not sure how I'll swing that financially. Maybe I'll just have to buy an SIII if I see a sale for one for $100 before the Note 2 is available from BB. All in all, this has been one of the most frustrating, messed up releases of any cell phone I've gotten. :(

So true I feel you on that

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Totally agree with you guys. Last June 22 I was on of the first four people in my town to have the GS3 thanks to pre ordering it from Best Buy, but now...no such luck. The way the guy from the corporate office talked to me though was interesting, like he knew something but didn't want to say or wasn't allowed to say. One of the other things he said that stuck out was that he couldn't even take a pre order for the phone, making it sound like the stores have priority of any stock coming in. As an example he gave the new ipad and iPhone 5 saying that he couldn't sell any of those because all the stock went to the store first.

We should really stop calling the corporate office and just try to stick to what the local stores have to say. I am still hopeful for Sunday, especially since a Best Buy employee here in the forum said that he saw that magical email from up above about when the launch date is.

I am still pissed though.

HoldFastHope

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Tonight I called 3 Best Buys in my area and all 3 Best Buys were certain about November 11th being their release date. Also, 2 of the 3 stores were not taking pre-orders, first come, first served and those 2 stores that are not doing pre-orders are NOT selling the Note 2 off contract for the first month of their release. But the one store that is doing pre-orders told me they were selling it off and on contract, I know where I am going. By the way, i'm in Orange County, Ca.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I live in Ga and I just called my local best buy store and they got some white Samsung galaxy note 2 in stock. I have to wait to see where my name is on the pre-order list.:) but at least they got some in so that is positive.:)

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I live in Ga and I just called my local best buy store and they got some white Samsung galaxy note 2 in stock. I have to wait to see where my name is on the pre-order list.:) but at least they got some in so that is positive.:)

Cool! So have they said that they might be able to get your phone to you before November 11??? Keep us informed! :)

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Cool! So have they said that they might be able to get your phone to you before November 11??? Keep us informed! :)

No he didn't say, he just stated that they got some white ones in and will call me and let me know when they get to my name on the pre-order list. So I doubt if I hear from them today.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20