Best Buy titanium, preorder and release date.?.

deltatko

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
One of the stores in North Kansas City has white in stock right now, and has no idea when/if they will get the grey.

So the dilemma is, do I pull the trigger and get white or wait hoping that the grey (which is my first choice) comes in the next few days?

My wife says get the white instead of risking it.

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
They have 3 - they are checking to see if there are any pre orders. If not I may be walking out with one!

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
No pre orders. So I'm getting it! Two left (both white) after I get mine - Reston, VA

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I just called best buy and my Samsung galaxy note 2 that I pre-ordered came in and I ordered white. Going to pick up in a few hours.:)

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

bill323

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Just called my local Best Buy. The guy put me on hold and then picked up and asked if I wanted White or Grey. I said white and he put me on hold again. He picked back up and said the system said there are 4 in stock and then put me on hold again to check to make sure they were there. Picked back up and said they are there and available. Now I just have to see if I want to pull the trigger or wait for the multiscreen update or black friday deals.

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok, guys just got home and wow what a nightmare! Basically, we had to call Sprint 3 times before we got a rep who would let me upgrade my phone there. Apparently there's some policy that if you are on a discounted plan (we are on some Family+ plan that is slightly less per month than the normal one), you have to upgrade through a Sprint corporate store. Only problem with that policy is that I've never had to do that! I've upgraded at a Best buy at least a couple of times, one being just two weeks ago for my wife's phone - got her an SIII. We FINALLY got someone who would let us do it, went through activating the phone, then when they went to go process the purchase, Best Buy's system wouldn't let them.

The mobile manager and a higher-level manager came over and there were like 5 or 6 BB employees going through all their systems, and they were all scratching their heads. They said that normally if a phone is already being sold by a carrier, than it is fair game for them to sell it (when they get it in stock). If, as it occasionally happens, there is some kind of exclusivity for the carrier, they will note it down in the system so that reps know not to sell it. So they had to undo the upgrade and reactivate my old phone. I spent over two hours there and had to walk out empty handed. At least they said they were holding the phone for me and that I should be able to pick it up on Sunday, and they said they'd email me if they were suddenly able to do the purchase ealier than that. I'm just envisioning another nightmare with trying to get Sprint to upgrade it again! They were very nice about it and said I could get a free case for my hassle, although when I asked them if they had any for the Note 2 they said not yet. So, I feel defeated, but at least now I THINK I'll be able to get it latest by Sunday, maybe even earlier if I'm lucky.

Mostly I'm just exhausted, but also really pissed at Sprint for having this stupid policy. Best Buy was great, very patient, at least as far as the reps went. I'm not sure whether it's more Sprint's doing or Best Buy corporate, or maybe both share the blame in having this exclusivity deal without telling the customer - or even their own reps. All in all, this is the worst upgrade experience I've ever had with Sprint and it really makes me wonder why I continue to use them. Yes, they have unlimited data, and yes, they are less costly than the other carriers, but if you add on all these additional hassles onto the already slow network, it becomes really hard to justify the savings for such more customer care... :(

bill323

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
LOL similar story here. Sat there waiting as they tore the store apart looking for the stock their computer said they had. They eventually found it in the ATT cabinet. Sat there waiting until they tried to scan it in. No dice. Street date is 11/11. They are going to hold it for me until then and are selling me a class 10 32GB card for $20 for my troubles.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Yep same thing for me. I had pre ordered my phone, and when I read in the forum that people said best buy had some in stock I stopped by my store. I know the manager there and he said that yes, they had them in stock. I asked why no one called me and he scratched his head for a bit because usually some sort of release comes out for the pre order person to be notified. I told him I had to go to work and then also pick up my pre order stuff from home before I could buy it. On my way back from work I stopped at best buy first to ask what parts of my old phone they need for me to trade it back in and it was at this time when he told me the bad news that the Street date is on the 11th and that I couldn't buy but until then. At least I got to hold it for a few seconds. Good thing I stopped there before going home, saved me a 20 mile round trip. Sunday can't come soon enough!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok, guys just got home and wow what a nightmare! Basically, we had to call Sprint 3 times before we got a rep who would let me upgrade my phone there. Apparently there's some policy that if you are on a discounted plan (we are on some Family+ plan that is slightly less per month than the normal one), you have to upgrade through a Sprint corporate store. Only problem with that policy is that I've never had to do that! I've upgraded at a Best buy at least a couple of times, one being just two weeks ago for my wife's phone - got her an SIII. We FINALLY got someone who would let us do it, went through activating the phone, then when they went to go process the purchase, Best Buy's system wouldn't let them.

The mobile manager and a higher-level manager came over and there were like 5 or 6 BB employees going through all their systems, and they were all scratching their heads. They said that normally if a phone is already being sold by a carrier, than it is fair game for them to sell it (when they get it in stock). If, as it occasionally happens, there is some kind of exclusivity for the carrier, they will note it down in the system so that reps know not to sell it. So they had to undo the upgrade and reactivate my old phone. I spent over two hours there and had to walk out empty handed. At least they said they were holding the phone for me and that I should be able to pick it up on Sunday, and they said they'd email me if they were suddenly able to do the purchase ealier than that. I'm just envisioning another nightmare with trying to get Sprint to upgrade it again! They were very nice about it and said I could get a free case for my hassle, although when I asked them if they had any for the Note 2 they said not yet. So, I feel defeated, but at least now I THINK I'll be able to get it latest by Sunday, maybe even earlier if I'm lucky.

Mostly I'm just exhausted, but also really pissed at Sprint for having this stupid policy. Best Buy was great, very patient, at least as far as the reps went. I'm not sure whether it's more Sprint's doing or Best Buy corporate, or maybe both share the blame in having this exclusivity deal without telling the customer - or even their own reps. All in all, this is the worst upgrade experience I've ever had with Sprint and it really makes me wonder why I continue to use them. Yes, they have unlimited data, and yes, they are less costly than the other carriers, but if you add on all these additional hassles onto the already slow network, it becomes really hard to justify the savings for such more customer care... :(

Honey I went through the same B.S. tonight at Best Buy, I went down to pick up my phone in white, deleted everything off my old phone they activated my new white Samsung galaxy note 2 and I programmed all my information into phone and got to the register and the system wouldn't let them go any further. The rep called the manager and he stated that this phone was not available for sale until November 11th. So they will hold phone for me till then.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I went to Best Buy, tonight to pick up my phone in white, deleted everything off my old phone they activated my new white Samsung galaxy note 2 and I programmed all my information into phone and got to the register and the system wouldn't let them go any further. The rep called the manager and he stated that this phone was not available for sale until November 11th. And I was so upset and pissed but they will hold the phone for me till then.:mad:

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Honey I went through the same B.S. tonight at Best Buy, I went down to pick up my phone in white, deleted everything off my old phone they activated my new white Samsung galaxy note 2 and I programmed all my information into phone and got to the register and the system wouldn't let them go any further. The rep called the manager and he stated that this phone was not available for sale until November 11th. So they will hold phone for me till then.

Darn! So sorry you didn't see my post before you went through all that! I hope they at least offered you something in return for the hassle - they offered me a case, although they're not carrying any yet. Hopefully they'll have one by Sunday. Even if it's one I'm not partial to, at least I can try to sell it to make up some of the cost... Did they offer you anything like that?

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Darn! So sorry you didn't see my post before you went through all that! I hope they at least offered you something in return for the hassle - they offered me a case, although they're not carrying any yet. Hopefully they'll have one by Sunday. Even if it's one I'm not partial to, at least I can try to sell it to make up some of the cost... Did they offer you anything like that?

Hi there, I wish I had of read your post to before I went down there, and yes they did say they would give me something when I come back Sunday for my trouble. I would take a case but they don't have any accessories yet. They will definitely give me something for my trouble.

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Went to my best buy today on my way home and asked my manager to open the cabinet and behold, 3 GN2's inside. All white though. Looking for titanium color. I didnt recall but did someone on here say that their best buy store had titaniums in stock? Guess we all will be at best buy on sunday!

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Went to my best buy today on my way home and asked my manager to open the cabinet and behold, 3 GN2's inside. All white though. Looking for titanium color. I didnt recall but did someone on here say that their best buy store had titaniums in stock? Guess we all will be at best buy on sunday!

Well I live in GA and was told at my best buy location that pre-orders were only in white, so maybe that was why you seen 3 white ones only. Now also at my location they only received the pre-orders in stock but still couldn't sell until Sunday the 11th.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv