Sprint rolling out update that brings the multi view feature

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Will it mess with root amd custom recoveries?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Sprint using Tapatalk 2.

No, but it won't install either.

You will most likely get the update notification, but if you're rooted with a custom recovery and/or are running a Rom with enough file changes, once you go to install the update it will fail.

You will need to return to stock to take the update, wait for the developer of the Rom that you are running to update it; or if you are running Rooted stock, wait for a developer to repack the update into a flashable file.

Last edited:

Malkozaine

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
No, but it won't install either.

You will most likely get the update notification, but if you're rooted with a custom recovery and/or are running a Rom with enough file changes, once you go to install the update it will fail.

You will need to return to stock to take the update, wait for the developer of the Rom that you are running to update it; or if you are running Rooted stock, wait for a developer to repack the update into a flashable file.

Ah poo. I know its was kinda a newdieish question but I never had to deal with OTAs on my GS2 after I messed with it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Sprint using Tapatalk 2.

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Ah poo. I know its was kinda a newdieish question but I never had to deal with OTAs on my GS2 after I messed with it.

It's not that bad. Most of the popular rom devs have an update out within a day or 2. A stock-rooted update will probably be available online before you get it pushed to your phone from Google.

jamal2323

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
First thing I'm noticing is besides the multi-view (which is great so far) is that we now have more toggles in the notification bar

Screenshot_2012-11-08-07-16-39.png

anon(5021)

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
This sucks. I couldn't flash it because I was running a custom rom. Reflashed everything to stock but not seeing the update now. Humph...