Sprint rolling out update that brings the multi view feature

steveholtam

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Got my update some time last night. In Sacramento. You have to have more then 30% battery power though before it will allow you to run the update.

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Just did the manual update and I'm lovin' the multi-window feature. I would love it even more if it supported the SlingPlayer app.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Very cool, chances are that as soon as I get my phone on Sunday, an update will be waiting for me. :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Very cool, chances are that as soon as I get my phone on Sunday, an update will be waiting for me. :)

Yes I hope so to, that is when I am picking mine up.:)

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I would like to thank Sprint & Samsung for giving me the opportunity to slow down and note the passage of time. "Last checked for update at 05:34." "Last checked for update at 05:36." "Last checked for update at 05:38."

I am not OCD, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not!

Kidding of course, but I do check many times a day. Fully charged, on WiFi, off WiFi, reboot the phone, etc...

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
For those of you still waiting and too scared to do the manual method, try the other method I hinted at earlier and which has worked in past updates for most people.

Click menu, settings, application manager, click on the All tab, scroll down to Google system framework, click on it, delete the cache, force close it, reboot the phone and check again manually for the update. If it didn't work try it again.

No guarantees that it works but it's worth a shot. For those of you who are stock, and my method doesn't work, by all means try the manual update as shown in the post by qbking77 it really is easy to do, just make sure you have an sd card and that you save the update file on it and not the internal phone memory.

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
All the companies wanna make money but so far sprint is the only carrier that cares about the customers also because they know loyal customers brings more customers and more cash

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

I wouldn't go that far with it. They may be trying to keep from loosing any more of their client base due to the shift away from anything other than iOS and Droid. I speak as a current Windows Phone user, and probably soon to be, Droid user. Their utter lack of support for some platforms borderlines on criminal. I'm still waiting for the last 2 updates, 1 of which is a critical update, on my Arrive. They have since discontinued support of that device and were even so brazen as to show it off as a dead phone only a few short months after it was released. I think they do well to support the customer, but over the many years I've dealt with them, they really don't do well to support the devices

Just sayin.

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Still waiting for the update :( Been manually checking since the 7th with no luck. Sprint needs to hurry up & roll mine out. Not use to this. I am normally 1 of the 1st with an update on my past phones. I'm going crazy just waiting...lol.

Wolvan

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yay! Just did the framework clear and reboot (first time today) and it came back up with it downloading the update! Of course I work in the boonies with horrible 3G speed and no wifi...so going to take it a bit to download.

But its here!

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes you have to do it 3 or more times in a row. If you just can't wait, there always the manual update which us truly simple to do.

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes you have to do it 3 or more times in a row. If you just can't wait, there always the manual update which us truly simple to do.

I wish this had worked for me. I know I can manually update it... just like getting it the official way.

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Just got it the official way.... using the settings, app manager, all, Google framework, clear data, force close and reboot method. Took me 4 or 5 tries.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Again u are judging sprint by the past sprint is actually gaining customers

RoC1909

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
All the companies wanna make money but so far sprint is the only carrier that cares about the customers also because they know loyal customers brings more customers and more cash

I wish the same could be said for their LTE rollout AKA their crappy network.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke