Too Large Ton Be Used as Everyday Cellphone?

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Love the fact that it's BIG for viewing, but as far as using this for an honest to goodness cell phone...using the front earpiece as you normally would...is it too big?

I am torn about getting this because of the size as I do use it a fair bit for actual calls. I can't get a Bluetooth device for every day walking around use as I wear hearing aids. I do have one for the car.

Screen size would be a godsend.....I would appreciate real world reports from those who actually hold this up to the sides of their heads and use it as a regular cell phone.

Thanks in advance....

JF

Jocelyn84

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Love the fact that it's BIG for viewing, but as far as using this for an honest to goodness cell phone...using the front earpiece as you normally would...is it too big?

No. It actually feels better and more secure in the hand when being used as a phone compared to my Epic 4G Touch.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Mweuch

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Use it for few hours and you wont regret it! but thats me but give it a try u can always return it within 14 days if you dont like it. good luck but as far as the screen goes you will love it. I guarenteed it!!

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it looks weird to others, but it feels perfectly natural to me. Call quality is tremendous, so I'm more than happy to use it as an everyday phone. Honestly, I didn't have a single moment where I felt like it was too big.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
This is good news so far :) Guess I will buy it outright since I don't have an upgrade at the moment and just sell the S3 once I make the change.

The input is appreciated :)

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
When I first got the phone I thought wow this is huge, didn't think I can really use this as a phone like my E4GT but after a few days this phone seems to fit me and my hands perfect. Holding it up for calls feels natural and I do not find myself taking it up to my ear to listen and down to my mouth to talk like some might think or joke around with.

I would say give it a try.If you don't like or can't get use to it return it. But don't pass on it just because you think it might be too big for every day phone function use. I use the Spen maybe once a day at most and thats when i am at home. The screen is beautiful and videos look great on this thing. If your a gamer and play on your phone a lot this is the phone for you.

Jocelyn84

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
When I first got the phone I thought wow this is huge, didn't think I can really use this as a phone like my E4GT but after a few days this phone seems to fit me and my hands perfect. Holding it up for calls feels natural and I do not find myself taking it up to my ear to listen and down to my mouth to talk like some might think or joke around with.

I would say give it a try.If you don't like or can't get use to it return it. But don't pass on it just because you think it might be too big for every day phone function use. I use the Spen maybe once a day at most and thats when i am at home. The screen is beautiful and videos look great on this thing. If your a gamer and play on your phone a lot this is the phone for you.

Do you remember when you first opened the box? It looked so huge inside and I remember being really scared until I actually pulled it out lol.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
The phone feels really good in my hand. I think that after you adjust to the size you will be fine. The phone does dwarf all other phones though. I picked up my wife's iPhone 4s and it seemed so small. Like freakishly small. It was embarrassing for her.

from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

TrueBlueKew

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sprint rolling out update that brings the multi view feature

Here's my theory. The update isn't 100% ready and it will start rolling out in 2-3 days.They wanted to beat the 14-day return policy date. This way, anyone who was on the fence about a return will wait.

I follow three Note 2 forums. No one has received the update yet even though it was announced last night.

It's not a crazy theory...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=223040

I don't want to move to a different phone (or carrier) just yet... but the above error code 34 issue is driving me mad.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

lawmanfj

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The really isn't too large. The more you use it the smaller it looks and feel. Yes, it is bigger and it will be noticeable to others but I have not had any strange comments. It fits in the pockets of my pants and blazerd with ease. The benefits are well wpprth any trade off in size.

wburleson

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Use it for few hours and you wont regret it! but thats me but give it a try u can always return it within 14 days if you dont like it. good luck but as far as the screen goes you will love it. I guarenteed it!!

When you return a phone within 14 days, do they refund all your money? Or do they take a re-stocking fee from you?

fairycorpse

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site

I am torn about getting this because of the size as I do use it a fair bit for actual calls. I can't get a Bluetooth device for every day walking around use as I wear hearing aids. I do have one for the car.

Screen size would be a godsend.....I would appreciate real world reports from those who actually hold this up to the sides of their heads and use it as a regular cell phone.

Thanks in advance....

JF

I hold it to my head for every single phone call. And I'm not a big person.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352385880951.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352385880951.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 64

bgapfire

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I really have a hard understanding why people say the phone is too big to put to anyone's ear. For those that keep a land line in their homes for backup, what is the difference between using a cordless phone or a mobile device? None! You'll be more than pleased with the purchase of this phone.

Crazyfist

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I switched from the gs3...took me a few days to get used to it, but now I'm loving it.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all of your input....will be picking it up this afternoon :)

- - - Updated - - -

By the way...beautiful eyes and great skin color for a corpse :)

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
When you return a phone within 14 days, do they refund all your money? Or do they take a re-stocking fee from you?

If you return it within the 14 day period the restocking fee is a flat $35. That's been my experience. I have done that on numerous occasions. It's sort of like renting a phone for two weeks, to decide if you want to actually keep it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy