Google Voice, LTE reception

7starmarc

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Two different questions.

First, anyone using Google Voice (text and voicemail) on their GN2?

I saw on another forum that some have had trouble with calling and there was a theory that GV was part of the issue. Any experiences with GV that help disprove this?

I use GV for text and voicemail right now and love that I can access messages, etc. from different devices. If the GN2 had trouble with GV, it might be a deal breaker for me.

Second, how is the The GN2 perform with LTE. I know the the Sprint LTE network is still growing, but experience shows that the GS3 has been pretty capable when it comes to connecting and remaining connected to LTE (as compared to others like the EVO, from many reports/forum threads). Has anyone compared the GN2 to the likes of the GS3 -- side by side in LTE areas? If so, how did it do?

Thanks.

RoC1909

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Two different questions.

First, anyone using Google Voice (text and voicemail) on their GN2?
I saw on another forum that some have had trouble with calling and there was a theory that GV was part of the issue. Any experiences with GV that help disprove this?
Thanks.

I have been a Google Voice user for sometime now and love it. The only problem I had was when I renewed my contract. GV seemed to have liked my EVO 4G too much for a few days so much that I couldn't convert it over to the Note 2. Just last night though, I get a message from Sprint saying that my GV had been suspended. One call into Sprint pretty much resolved that (It was a brain fart on my end, but they confirmed that it hadn't been set up on the new phone and nothing was blocking me from doing that).

the only other problem I had was that I wanted to test my phone after I set up GV, and for some reason, it wouldn't ring when called from any other phone. I then realized that I had checked "Send calls to Google Chat" in the GV settings and once unchecked, it works fine....so far that is.

foppa78

May 18, 2010
Visit site
MMS never worked or never worked well for me on google voice. That was a deal breaker for me. Anyone have better luck?