Picking up Samsung Galaxy Note 2 from Best Buy?

bill323

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
well wirefily.com has the sprint for $249. From my understanding Bestbuy will pricematch amazon.com so hopefully it pops up in my exchange so I can get price matched. Best buy has their Black Friday ad up and the GN2 is not there so that's one worry off my mind.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
scratch that, radio shack has them for 249 as well. I am going to assume best buy will price match.

I just checked radio shack website and it shows the regular price of $299.99 where did you see $249.99?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The reason they're not allowed to sell it now is because the street release date for them is on the 11th . If they sell before that date, they'll get in big trouble.

sent from my Galaxy S3

That didn't stop some of the stores from selling the VZW Nexus early last year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
scratch that, radio shack has them for 249 as well. I am going to assume best buy will price match.

You should never assume. Here's the pricematch page I found on Bestbuy's site:

Best Buy Price Match Guarantee - Best Buy

here's the pertinent section at the bottom:

Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax appliance and electronics hardware products price for these designated major retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Circuitcity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, hp.com, homedepot.com, lowes.com, newegg.com, officedepot.com, officemax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Tigerdirect.com, and walmart.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles. Best Buy will not price match accessories, during the return and exchange period or the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on major retailer websites. Valid for purchases made between October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 and November 27, 2012 - December 24, 2012. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply. See Store for details.

I'm not seeing cell phones listed, nor am I seeing any mention of radioshack.com or wirefly.com. :( Wish I could get an extra $50 off this thing, but it's not looking good for tomorrow...

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Note II for Sprint - RadioShack Wireless

I can take a screenshot if you wish. maybe its a regional thing. put 60714 in the zip code

I'm seeing the $250 price as well for Reston, VA. Problem is that this is online only - I went through the process of setting up an order for one without actually paying, and I see nothing about a store pickup, only that there is free 2nd day business shipping from Fedex. So it's not a local retailer deal, and it's not included in the list of online retailers that BB is pricematching now, unfortunately...

bill323

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Ill call my local Radio Shack store and see if they have it for that price. Even if they don't ill take a stab at getting a price match. If that fails I will just walk as I am not willing to spend $50 for the honor of spending my money at Best Buy.

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Ill call my local Radio Shack store and see if they have it for that price. Even if they don't ill take a stab at getting a price match. If that fails I will just walk as I am not willing to spend $50 for the honor of spending my money at Best Buy.

So, I believe that the BB pricematch is good for the entire return period, which I think is 30 days. I'm guessing within the next 30 days, other retailers will have the phone and some will have it for that $250 price, maybe even less. From what I've been reading, it seems it needs to be available at a local retailer within 25 miles, and not in "limited quantities." I don't know how much of a stickler a given BB will be about all of this. I guess I will ask them tomorrow when I try to get the phone, but if they don't give it to me, I'll just clarify with them about the price match going forward. If it really is 30 days, then I'm sure someone will have it in stock for less than $300 in the next 30 days, especially if we're already seeing that price online right now...

bill323

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I am a BB silver premier so I have an extended return/exchange period. I will ask what the deal is for cell phones. I have to imagine that Radio Shack will have the note 2 in stock.

Ill update tomorrow

bill323

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Just checked circuit city.com and they have it for 249. Target.com also has it for 249. I think every place has it for 249. LOL

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
You should never assume. Here's the pricematch page I found on Bestbuy's site:

Best Buy Price Match Guarantee - Best Buy

here's the pertinent section at the bottom:

I'm not seeing cell phones listed, nor am I seeing any mention of radioshack.com or wirefly.com. :( Wish I could get an extra $50 off this thing, but it's not looking good for tomorrow...

They will price match cellphones. Amazon is usually in line with wirefly.

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Doh, just tried to get in and looks like I got the time wrong - thought they'd open at 10 and they actually open at 11, so I'll head back in a half hour. At least this gave me the chance to grab the rewardzone $5 certificate that I'd forgotten to bring with me the first time! :)

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok, does everyone have theirs now? Just got back. It was a bit iffy for a little bit as I ran into the same issue that I had with Sprint not wanting to upgrade because I have a discounted plan and I'm supposed to get it done only at a corporate store or telesales, but they actually activated it, but because I got a brand new Best Buy salesperson, he had to call them back in order to get my account number, and then they told him it wasn't supposed to go through Best Buy. But he talked to his manager who called the main manager who wasn't even working and that manager ok'ed it, so dodged a bullet!

It took a while because the initial guy was new, but then his manager took over and it went pretty quickly from there. They didn't have any cases, so they gave me a Zagg screen protector (which they applied), and I actually got $84 for my Evo 3D - which I was only expecting $60 for. I got the pricematch - just told him circuitcity.com had it for $250. He was shocked that there even was a circuitcity.com, but didn't even bother to check the price there. I guess it's within a threshold that he figured it wasn't a big deal? Also for the Evo 3D, he barely looked at it. Certainly didn't try to confirm it wasn't rooted, and put it as perfect condition price even though it had quite a bit of scuff marks - he said they don't really care. So all in all I walked out with the phone for about $330 INCLUDING two years of the protection plan. Not bad! Now excuse me while I spend the next two days offline playing with the phone... :)

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I finally picked up my White Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Sprint from Best Buy today November 11th at 11 am:) well attach pics.

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
By the way, just checked Bestbuy.com for the Note 2. The white one anyway says it's not available for shipping but now let's you check stores for availability. Even though my store only had three, of which I took one, no one else was asking about it this morning that I saw, and it looks like it's still available at 8 of the 10 BB stores closes to me (Northern Virginia outside of DC)

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I finally picked up my White Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Sprint from Best Buy today November 11th at 11 am:) well attach pics.

Awesome. From reading your posts, I could tell you were super excited. Congratulations,

from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok, does everyone have theirs now? Just got back. It was a bit iffy for a little bit as I ran into the same issue that I had with Sprint not wanting to upgrade because I have a discounted plan and I'm supposed to get it done only at a corporate store or telesales, but they actually activated it, but because I got a brand new Best Buy salesperson, he had to call them back in order to get my account number, and then they told him it wasn't supposed to go through Best Buy. But he talked to his manager who called the main manager who wasn't even working and that manager ok'ed it, so dodged a bullet!

It took a while because the initial guy was new, but then his manager took over and it went pretty quickly from there. They didn't have any cases, so they gave me a Zagg screen protector (which they applied), and I actually got $84 for my Evo 3D - which I was only expecting $60 for. I got the pricematch - just told him circuitcity.com had it for $250. He was shocked that there even was a circuitcity.com, but didn't even bother to check the price there. I guess it's within a threshold that he figured it wasn't a big deal? Also for the Evo 3D, he barely looked at it. Certainly didn't try to confirm it wasn't rooted, and put it as perfect condition price even though it had quite a bit of scuff marks - he said they don't really care. So all in all I walked out with the phone for about $330 INCLUDING two years of the protection plan. Not bad! Now excuse me while I spend the next two days offline playing with the phone... :)

I just picked mine up today also from Best Buy when they opened today at 11 am. I had pre-ordered in advance. I got the white one.:) it's charging now.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Why can't I attach pictures from my gallery to here? It keeps saying missing parameters? What is that?

acordo01

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Why can't I attach pictures from my gallery to here? It keeps saying missing parameters? What is that?

This is my attempt at uploading a picture let's see if it worked.

It did. Weird do you already have the multi view option on your note 2 ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352666552993.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352666552993.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 100

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol