Better than the S3?

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone I'm due for an upgrade soon and I've been looking at the Note 2. I currently have the S3 and I love my phone but I'm interested in the Note 2. What (if any) makes the note better than the S3? I don't mind the size and yes I will put an otterbox defender case on it and I know it'll look huge but I don't mind that. Also does anyone really use the stylus? How is it? Thanks in advance

Sent from my Amaze-balls Samsung Galaxy S3 :)

Crazyfist

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I switched from the S3...I had to get used to the size difference, but other than that I like it more especially since the update. It was hard to operate one handed because of the size and smoothness of it, so I stuck a strip of clear grip tape on the case and made a huge difference.

From my Note II on Sprint using ACF

BdawgTrap

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I like it a lot better than the S3. I had the S3 for two weeks (then gave it to my wife) and got the note. Battery life is better, it has a better processor, bigger screen (got used to it real fast, all other phones feel tiny now) and also love the pen even though i didnt think i would use it much. Multitasking is bad A$$ but I think the s3 is getting it as well. The only disadvantage in my opinion is that with the S3 you can talk on the phone and surf the web while on 3g (because of the SVDO radio) no such luck on the Note II :(

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
The Note2 is better depending on your needs. The 2 major differences are the size and the Spen and its functions. First the size. going from the S3 to the Note you will still feel the difference. But in a few days it will feel like a normal phone and it won't bother you. Second the IMO Main Purpose for this phone is the SPen. To be very honest i don't use/have no time yet to try to see if in my daily life I can use it for work. At home i play with it a little bit but I also have the Note 10.1 and I do use the Spen on that. So you need to figure out if These 2 things are things you need to have, if so then it will be a great upgrade for you. If none of these are things you need but just want still worth it. I can see myself with this phone for 2 years and i have never held or wanted a phone for 2 years since my Palm Pre

The SPen works perfect (for me i had some minor issues with but a few quick taps on the table and if was fixed) and it has great features ans uses. Making calls on it is not that bad i talk on it no problems, plus how many people really talk anymore.

I say get but hold on to your S3 till the 14 days are up. This way if your not happy you will still have it. Good Luck with deciding.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
First thanks everyone for your inputs :) and second I'm due for my upgrade in January the first to be exact and I was told that sprint would allow you to buy out your contract to allow you for an early upgrade. Is this true?

Last edited:

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone I'm due for an upgrade soon and I've been looking at the Note 2. I currently have the S3 and I love my phone but I'm interested in the Note 2. What (if any) makes the note better than the S3? I don't mind the size and yes I will put an otterbox defender case on it and I know it'll look huge but I don't mind that. Also does anyone really use the stylus? How is it? Thanks in advance

Of course it's better, better cpu, stylus ability, it is clearly a better phone.

But i still prefer the galaxy s III because the note is too big, but the note is better

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I am a female and I traded my Samsung Galaxy S3 in for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and I love it. Definitely not to big for me.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome